So my friend lost her etherwave power cable...

Posted: 4/27/2007 12:28:42 AM
dontlookimnaked

I don't know much about theremins, however I wanted to use one in a short film I was making recently. A friend of mine has a moog and we shot the footage (16 mm B&W no sound) with no problem.

Fast forward to a week or so later when I'm done editing the piece and ready to record her/myself playing to sync up some sound. Anyways she currently cannot find her power cable, and I'd really like to finish this project in time to get into a couple of local festivals here in the next couple of weeks.

My question/s: where is the best place to get a theremin cable...Is the moog website the best place to go, or is there somewhere cheaper I can order it? and Will it get here by next week if I order it tonight?

Thanks in advance, and keep on rockin the free world.

-Jeff
Posted: 4/27/2007 1:20:13 AM
TomFarrell

There is almost certainly no difference between ordering it online in the middle of the night and ordering it fairly early in the morning, so why don't you phone Moog in the morning, tell them the situation, and ask them if they can rush you a cable?
Posted: 4/27/2007 3:53:33 AM
Alexander

I live in the United Kingdom - Turnkey replaced mine instantly. I don't know if you live here though...! Go to a store that sells Etherwaves and ask.
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:35:28 AM
DiggyDog

Moog is the place to go. In fact, I will be ordering one soon as the third prong on mine is getting a little wiggly.

Let us know how the project goes. I know you are impatient to get the thing scored but it will be worth the wait to get the theremin in there.

Also, are you by any chance planning to transfer the 16mm footage to video? I have already posted about the old 16mm films I have that I want to transfer and I am trying to decide the best way to do it.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.