B3 Theremin

Posted: 5/31/2007 10:05:14 AM
Thomas Grillo

I've just ordered a B3 theremin just for kicks.

Anyone have one of thse? As far as I can tell it only has one timbre, and controls for pitch, and volume antennae, but I thaught it would be interesting for quick gigs, or letting kids, and visitors mess with as it's so inexpensive.

I suppose I can use an effects pedal to alter it's tonal charactoristics.
Posted: 5/31/2007 10:27:23 AM
Alexander

Your best bet as far as tibral modifications go would be filters, compressors and EQs. All available in pedal form from Boss, Line 6 etc. Of course if it's just for kicks you could buy those $20 Behringer pedals ;)
Posted: 6/2/2007 7:33:46 PM
Thomas Grillo

The B3 theremin just showed up today. It's actually, not a bad little theremin for the price. It's linearity is such that it's notes closest to the antenna are closest together, but as you go out from the antenna, they keep getting a bit further spread. The sound is interesting in that it seems to produce an octave overtone.

I only wish it's antennae could be easily removed, and that it had a threaded mic stand mount, but it does at least have a plastic non-threaded mount which can be removed. you can actually hold this theremin in your hand, and play it like a matryomin.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.