lost Theremin

Posted: 12/11/2007 7:39:15 AM
synaptyx

Hello folks,

I'm new here and have just bought a Kees Enkelar Theremin. I am looking forward to playing it, but have a small problem.

I was hoping to find another UK customer of Kees here.

Kees is not at fault in any of this, btw!

Kees supplied tracking via Australia Post. I tracked the journey from AU to UK. That part went fine. I managed to track the item up to an attempted delivery yesterday 10/12/07 at 08:42.

The problem is, I had to go to work and missed the delivery by just 30 minutes. The local courier didn't leave a card, so I have absolutely no idea who was handling it locally.

If a UK member who bought from Kees remembers who delivered theirs, could you please let me know, so I can start some detective work. I have tried the Royal Mail/Parcel Force, but no luck. I don't want to have to sit and go through the yellow pages. :(

Thanks for reading.

Aaron
Posted: 12/11/2007 8:16:36 AM
GordonC

Welcome to ThereminWorld.

Sorry I can't help - mine was delivered two years ago and I don't remember.

fnord
Posted: 12/11/2007 8:24:01 AM
synaptyx

Hi Gordon, thanks for the welcome!

I'm fairly certain it was actually Parcel Force (Farce, more like) as I didn't get chucked out of their automated redelivery system, when I used my name and address.

Hopefully, if whoever it was re-attempts delivery, I'll get a card. I did leave a note on the door with my mobile number this morning.

Fingers crossed!

Aaron
Posted: 12/11/2007 1:16:02 PM
synaptyx

[b]Mystery Solved![/b]

Okay, panic over.

It looks like the Australia Post site's tracking section is innacurate. I tried, out of desperation to put the AU tracking number into the UK Parcel Force site and it worked! I called them and they were holding it with a £30 customs charge awaiting payment. I've paid the charge and will pick it up at the post office tomorrow. :D Better collect a mic stand on the way home too...

Aaron
Posted: 12/12/2007 12:36:41 AM
Alan_in_CA

Great! I just got my Theremax tuned yesterday, did a little review of how-to videos, and gave it a try. Within a few minutes I could elicit a rough scale over (I think) about three to five octaves, depending upon my position and the pitch trim. Not bad! And it promises to be fun, I think.
Posted: 12/12/2007 1:00:55 PM
DiggyDog

That thirty quid would have paid for a pretty nice mic stand...
Posted: 12/12/2007 4:09:16 PM
GordonC

Sooooooooo......

you have it now?
Posted: 12/12/2007 4:57:52 PM
synaptyx

Yes and it's just brilliant. I picked up a mic stand and 9v adaptor on my way home tonight and have been busy making awful noises all evening. I even managed to squeeze out the opening notes of the Star Wars theme, which had me giggling like a kid. :D

Worth every penny, including customs pound of flesh.

Now I need to find out how to play it properly. :)

Cheers,

Aaron
Posted: 12/12/2007 8:47:34 PM
GordonC

Cool.

I think having fun is the first step to learning how to play - you gotta practice your scribbling before you learn how to paint, and this is a whole new kind of paint brush.

Gordon, who prefers to play improperly!
Posted: 12/13/2007 2:39:51 AM
Alan_in_CA

Your experience encourages me.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.