Theremin-Speaker (What to use?)

Posted: 4/2/2008 3:36:09 AM
fairplay

Hi,

yesterday I recieved a MOOG TB-15 Theremin-amplifier/speaker, and I am not impressed...

...until now I used a Roland Cube (guitar-amp) or a computer-connected soundsystem. I was hoping to improve the sound quality (clarity, expression) over what I got with the cube - but the difference is negligible. The best result is when the signal is routed via the computer.

In front of the independant amplifiers and after the theremin I have a tube-equalizer (or not) (also since yesterday) - and still the sound is best out of the computer.

So my guess is I am doing something wrong speaker-wise; therefore I'd like to get a recommendation as what would you recommend as as speaker for the theremin?

TIA.
Posted: 4/2/2008 8:17:17 AM
omhoge

As Diggy always reminds us, you may want to take it to the music store and try some out.

For my basic solo set up I use a small Mackie near my head for pre PA theremin reference then the big Roland 9" keyboard amp for final mix.

But also try the search page (http://www.thereminworld.com/websearch.asp) and try "amp" and "speaker" this topic has come up a lot and everyone has their favorites, but they may not all chime in again here.

hth
Posted: 4/2/2008 8:35:33 AM
fairplay

...great...thank you for the tip...I'll do as suggested - thank you for sharing your preference!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.