Turnkey & Sound Control go into administration

Posted: 5/1/2008 5:28:26 AM
Alexander

Moog's official distributors in the UK set to close down. A friend just got this email:

"After many months of speculation and rumour it has been revealed today, 30th April 2008, that Sound Control, including Turnkey, have gone into administration.

At least 10 stores have already closed and unfortunately 100+ staff have been laid-off. At this time we have no further information, but what is quite clear is that any new or existing orders are unlikely to be fulfilled.

We take customer service very seriously at Dolphin Music, so in view of the demise of Sound Control, we will be increasing staffing levels this week & this weekend to ensure that we can meet the increased demand.

In view of the serious impact these events could have on customers who have placed orders in good faith, Dolphin Music would like to offer an advice service to any worried Sound Control or Turnkey customers. Anyone seeking advice on how to cancel a Sound Control or Turnkey order and ensure that they receive a refund should call the number below and one of our advisors will be happy to assist.

Any customers planning to make a purchase from Sound Control or Turnkey are equally welcome to call Dolphin Music and we will match or better the price offered by them.

For Sales or Advice please call Dolphin Music Sales: 0844 815 0888

Finally, the Dolphin Music team would like to express sympathy for all the staff that have lost their jobs as a result of these unfortunate events."

So... if you were planning to buy an Etherwave you might have a little trouble.
Posted: 5/1/2008 6:30:10 AM
Thierry

Oh, what a pitty for all families whose dad or mummy lost his or her job... :-(
Posted: 5/1/2008 7:06:10 AM
Alexander

I think the "family men" of Sound Control will be in a definite minority. Just early-twenties males looking to fund careers in UK Hip-Hop. They'll survive.
Posted: 5/1/2008 7:38:58 AM
GordonC

And it's an opportunity for them to get out of the music biz and find a more reputable job.

Security guard in a [i]maison de passe[/i], for instance.
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:16:34 AM
Thierry

Gordon, your humour is unbeatable...
Posted: 5/2/2008 10:43:07 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Quite honestly, it is incredible to me how Turnkey stayed in business so long - I tried buying kit from them 4 times, all were special deals - in total they held my money for about 8 months, while I waited for their "next shipment" - eventually (after being phoned daily by me) telling me the items were no longer available, and trying to sell me a different product at twice the price.

The last occasion (several years ago) I got so P'd off I went down to London - There, on a shelf, was the mixer I had ordered 4 months before.. But they had none in stock.. I stood in the shop being a pain for several hours, and pretending to phone "my friend who worked in Trading Standards" - Eventually they gave me the mixer - which was one of the best buys I ever made.

Good riddance, I say! - A shame for the customers who are waiting for goods they were unlikely to get, and now are even more unlikely to get.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.