Merry Christmas Theremin World

Posted: 12/8/2008 11:12:03 AM
RS Theremin

FredM Said:

[i]“We hold everything back by keeping secrets.. I have ideas, but am sure at times these ideas are not implemented in the best way, simply because I lack some special expertise.. Oh, I SO wish there was a community of creative musical instrument designers, builders / testers and a means to get a living from doing this stuff which did not involve competition or secrecy!”[/i]

FredM, the internet is the community and closes the gap to reveal how rare theremin thinkers actually are. Often I think if you and I were neighbors what madness we could conjure up. ;-)

To everyone out there no matter what your creative medium is, it is about the journey that you were chosen for, which lasts only a while then you must pass the baton.

Many past artists of greatness “were not” recognized in their day, lived in isolation and financial ruin. Wealth seems to be a distraction to inspired creativity, not to mention the veil of suffering that one must pass through to make real accomplishments.

It is Christmas 2008 and I reflect back on the gift of many who have continued the footsteps of one individual who was more than an inventor, musician or technical artist. He was a man that was driven and could hear something that many will not.

I look forward to the day we will all meet up again: Lev T (Etherphone), Bob M (EtherWave), John S (Theremax), Fred N (Theremax), Maxie B (Jaycar) and many others including all of you in the . . .

[i]“community of creative musical instrument designers, builders / testers”.[/i]

Imagine if all these people thought their mission was so important that they had kept it secret . . . then we would have been left with only myth and legend!

Merry Christmas Theremin World

Christopher
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:43:53 PM
djpb_designs

And here's a toast to all of you fellow "mad scientists" working in your garage labs!

May the New Year bring us all enough wealth to feed our madness!

Don
Posted: 12/8/2008 2:44:09 PM
Komor

I love this season. But it's still more than two weeks till Christmas. Oh well. The best thing about winter, by the way, is that you don't have to care about vibrato. You can just open the window and starts shaking. It sounds cool! :D
Posted: 12/10/2008 2:16:17 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"Often I think if you and I were neighbors what madness we could conjure up. ;-)"

LOL! ;) .. This is the thing about the WWW.. it is wonderful, but also so frustrating - There seem to be quite a few like minds (mad scientist types etc) and gives the illusion that it should be simple to get together and do things... But then one looks at the physical distance between us all, and the dream becomes less realisable.

But, perhaps it saves us all from total financial ruin! .. Imagine us all getting together and devising a wonderful mega project.. getting started.. spending all our money, but continuing because we cannot stop.. "no Xmas presents this year kids - but we WILL have the ultimate hybrid telepathic theremin done in a few months - so we are giving you tickets entitling you to an hours solo playing..."

So, as the global economy collapses, the icecaps melt, and disaster gloom and devastation engulf our world, we are the lucky ones! - Our only real worry being the fact that the high temperature and humidity makes Theremins even more quirky than usual!

Happy Xmas! ;-)

"You can just open the window and starts shaking. It sounds cool! :D" LOL - Love it! .. Given me another great idea.. Peltier cooling elements in a special suit for Theremin players.. Turn down your temperature to get your desired level of vibrato!

-- There was a thread on "the place which cannot be called Levnet" where Theremins were accused of causing madness.. Hmmm
Posted: 12/10/2008 4:52:30 PM
djpb_designs

We have a Japanese pear apple tree in our yard, that until recently did not produce much fruit. When the temperature started shifting hotter (I think winter has been cancelled for lack of interest in California!), the thing cranked out a bunch of fruit.

Who knew? All it took was global warming to make this thing produce? :;

Don
Posted: 12/16/2008 7:37:22 PM
omhoge

It's been a great Theremin Year, thank you all.
What you do to support all things and all folks theremin, new and ol... not-so-new, makes all the difference.

My wish for everybody is:
You get to play ~ perform ~ and work your theremin
every single day!

Keep
On
Playing!

Skål - jh

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.