Etherwave Indicator Light Mod

Posted: 1/12/2009 1:13:11 PM
senkun

Seems like the LED light mod that Moog was offering has been taken off their website, wasn't it just a few weeks ago they had it up? Any idea why?

So anyways, sometimes I forget that my Etherwave is powered on (bad habit of walking away with it in zero beat, and having to leave it on due to the recent hiccups) and it ends up scaring the bejeezus out of me or anyone else that walks past it.

I thought that the indicator light mod was something really needed. So since I had my instrument opened up anyways, I did a quick mod with just a replacement rocker switch with built in LED :-

LED Rocker Switch (http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture98/kohhue/product5-s.jpg)

Just unplug the leads to the existing switch, pop in the new LED switch and reconnect leads. Now wire the LED to 12V and Ground. You'd need a ballast resistor between 12V and LED.

No need to drill anything.

Cost? $1.
Posted: 1/12/2009 3:04:34 PM
Thierry

Sounds like a good idea!

I do it the other way round: I leave my Etherwave switched on day and night in order to not have to adjust the pitch knob many times during the warm-up phase. But when I'm not playing I substitute the mute switch by hanging the power chord over the volume loop and I switch the amp off during the the night.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.