Alice's Theremin

Posted: 5/23/2009 10:45:19 PM
GordonC

click for pic (http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/85/l_e39367dfa86644c1956ff675edc32c33.jpg)
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:43:39 AM
terrymin

Love it
Posted: 5/25/2009 3:50:01 PM
Thomas Grillo

Now that theremin's for the birds! LOL

I love it!

Posted: 5/27/2009 8:44:59 PM
Jason

Too cool! Looks like the cat costume has some competition now.
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:46:24 PM
GordonC

Here's one of those spooky coincidences...

Five days ago I looked at my etherwave and wondered why people are not so keen on it's looks. It's dashed elegant stood there on its one leg. (I pulled off those damnably silly wooden feet - they're only held on with a couple of panel pins, and got a circular base mike stand - not a tripod - black base, steel leg to match the theremin - [i]now[/i] it looks much better, don't you know.)

One leg, thought I. Sink me! It looks like a flamingo!

So I set to with Google Images Search and photoshop.

And when it was finished it was obviously out of Alice In Wonderland.

[...] [i]time passes[/i] [...]

Today I visited Ann and Marc of White Label Music and our conversation turned to Sonic Weekend 5 (not to be confused with Hands Off 2.) The plan, apparently, is to take as a theme works of literature and, in a break from tradition, groups would be predetermined. One group would have Fahrenheit 451, for example, another 1984 and my group would get...

Alice in Wonderland!

They want me to make Alice in Wonderland theremin music within days of my depicting Alice's theremin.

Spooky.

I guess I'll have to give serious consideration to making a flamingo cover for my etherwave. Sigh. Handicrafts are not my forté. :-( Would anyone like to volunteer?)

(A similar thing happened in reverse at Sonic Weekend 3. I wrote a song about soup, and on my return home discovered my son had bought a soup recipe book and we certainly ate a lot of soup over the following months.)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.