replacement etherwave antenna nut..

Posted: 7/7/2009 6:29:03 PM
Greig

Hi all,

I've lost one the securing nut on one of my etherwaves. Trying to get the right replacement has been impossible. I'm in the UK, so I'd rather not have to import one. I had read somewhere that a 3/8 inch OD compression nut is what I was looking for, so I took a gamble and went for this one (http://dev.kiowa.co.uk/Products/Pneumatics/Fittings/Wade_Compression_Fittings/Wade_Brass_Compression_Nut/3-8_Wade_Brass_Compression_Nut.html), and although the antenna fits the hole perfectly, the outer thread overlaps the matching screw thread on the etherwave by quite a bit. Should I try and phone Moog UK for one, or could someone help me find the right one (possibly from one of these (http://dev.kiowa.co.uk/Products/Hydraulics/EMB_Compression_Couplings/M_Compression_Nut_L_and_S_Series)).
Posted: 7/8/2009 12:38:09 AM
Jeff S

Greig - I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

When you say the outer thread "overlaps" quite a bit, I'm assuming you mean it is oversized and the threads do not engage?

I suspect that even though you purchased a 3/8" fitting nut, it may have a British standard pipe (BSP) thread, not the American Unified thread you need.

I measured the fittings on my Etherwave. While they are supposed to be 5/8"-24 UNEF (5/8 inch Unified extra fine; 24 threads per inch), they seem to be a little undersized. The nuts I've purchased here work just fine.

If you can't find a distributor who imports American fittings, you'll pretty much have to take care of it yourself. I'd suggest you find an authorized Moog service center in Britain that may have one, or can import it for you.
Posted: 11/14/2020 12:18:03 AM
siris

... time warp ...

Greig, did you succeed in sourcing the part back then? 

Our theremin is missing the same securing nut, would be great to hear if and where we can find a replacement here in the UK.

Posted: 8/19/2021 12:21:48 PM
kristinaevaoconnor

Hiya,

did anyone here have any joy with this? I have the same issue! Argh! I'm also in the UK.

Thank you

Kristina

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.