Theremin cameo in a piece I am working on...

Posted: 3/9/2011 9:22:38 PM
Amethyste

OooOps - Double post...
Posted: 3/10/2011 4:33:57 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Amethyste wrote:

[i]"Fred - Do you dissect every little thing in your life like this? Do you ever "just go with the flow" sometimes? Try it! It's fun to let go of control once in a while ;)"[/i]

Coalport posted:
[i]"The only fish that 'go with the flow' are dead!" Sarah Palin [/i]

Yes - I do " dissect every little thing in my life like this " although we would probably disagree on what constitutes a "little thing" - LOL ;-)

I am heavily into critical thinking - I believe that the use (and abuse) of words is the most powerful instrument of social manipulation and change.. That the careful choice of a word versus the careless use of a word can alter the meaning (and subliminal meaning) in ways which are often far greater than expected..

This 'tactic' is used by those 'skilled in the art' to subliminally influence "the masses" - we do not need to look far back in history (in fact, we dont need to look back at all!) to see the horrific consequences that abuse of words has helped to cause.

[i]"The only fish that 'go with the flow' are dead!"[/i] is a feeble example of such abuse - The statement is untrue, and idiotic.. (fish will swim with the flow if the flow is going in the direction they want to go - they prefer to swim with the flow, as it consumes less energy - they will only swim against the flow if they believe they have good reason to do so) - But this obvious flaw in the argument is overlooked because of the context - And this idiotic phrase is set to become embedded in peoples minds because of it sounds 'clever' or 'obvious'... The association between “dead” and “going with the flow” is subliminally embedded.

Which works for Sarah at the moment, because the flow is not going in a direction she likes.. I wonder what sort of “dead fish” she will be if/when (hopefully never) the tide turns her way.

[i]”Do you ever ‘just go with the flow’ sometimes? “[/i] –

Yes I do, but I am a living “fish” – I only go with the flow when it is not flowing a direction I do not wish to go.. Or when I don’t know where I want to go.

- And this all brings me right back to your music..

I think you have the potential to be heard and enjoyed by millions - And I think that the message/s in your music could therefore influence millions - And therefore I feel your careful choice of words is important, so that the message [b]YOU[/b] want to convey is not misinterpreted or misunderstood.

- And I am truly sorry that I caused such mayhem on your thread with my incompetence at trying to express this.

Fred.[b] Added 13 March ->[/b]

Dear Amey -

I dont wish to hog anymore of this thread, so am replying here to your following:

[i]"I like you :)"[/i] - Thank you ;-) I like you too! ;-)

[i]"you are so much the opposite of me. I do most of everything by feel and you do most of everything with careful thinking. I admire that :)"[/i]

Well no, alas I dont use "careful thinking" on everything - When it comes to "matters of the heart" I rush in without thought, mostly with disasterous results.. I am also often "led by my heart" on political issues - only to see, later, that I was wrong - that had I carefully evaluated the facts, I would not have sided the way I did.

[i]"You are not incompetent in what you said"[/i] - Here I disagree.. I said far too much - I said things which would provoke strong reaction from those 'into' religion... I could have conveyed what I wanted to say without doing this! - My 2nd posting, which I have deleted, was pure indulgence - I took the 'oppertunity' to post a broadside attack on religion which had almost no relevance to your song.. This was wrong - And only acted to distort what I had adequately stated in my prior posting. I should simply (at most) have declared my opinion and left it at that, not tried to "defend" my opinion by expanding on the "theme".

[i]"I am still not going to change the
Posted: 3/10/2011 10:24:16 AM
Amethyste

Dear Fred ~

I like you :) - you are so much the opposite of me. I do most of everything by feel and you do most of everything with careful thinking. I admire that :)

You said:
"Which works for Sarah at the moment, because the flow is not going in a direction she likes.. I wonder what sort of “dead fish” she will be if/when (hopefully never) the tide turns her way."

DEFINITELY a bottom feeder lol - She thrives on all the cr@p that's out there...

Then you said:
"I think you have the potential to be heard and enjoyed by millions - And I think that the message/s in your music could therefore influence millions - And therefore I feel your careful choice of words is important, so that the message YOU want to convey is not misinterpreted or misunderstood."

Well thank you for that. I've been at it for 5 years now and I don't even think that 1 million people have heard me/music within that time... It's a long and cutthroat road - but I enjoy being Indie. I have more control on what I put out there hence staying true to who I am as an artist :) It's a fun hobby :)

Then you also said:
"And I am truly sorry that I caused such mayhem on your thread with my incompetence at trying to express this."

You are not incompetent in what you said, I like to hear what people think outloud, I enjoy this very much even though we might not all agree on one thing, the exchange of words and CIVIL discussion is always a pleasant way to learn about others and also about yourself. I totally understand what you are saying - I respect your opinion... But!

I am still not going to change the line ;)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.