Theremin suite for up to 9 Theremins

Posted: 6/12/2011 10:33:24 AM
caerlleon

A warm hello to all at Theremin world.
I've recently completed a recording of my Theremin suite for 9 Theremins called 'Music for Empty Places'. I composed this out of a need to hear Theremins in an orchestral/ensemble setting as there are no recordings available to my knowledge. I've just finished mixing & mastering the recording that should be out on CD & downloads in a month or so. One reason I set about this composition for Theremin ensemble was the tantalising stories & histories of Theremin ensembles conducted by the great man himself. I would value any constructive feedback by fellow Theremin players. Please find time to visit this demo link: http://soundcloud.com/jamie_o_callaghan/the-girl-with-the-glass-hand.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Jamie O'Callaghan
Posted: 6/12/2011 11:05:10 AM
omhoge

Thanks for posting this caerlleon, good to hear from you again.
I like hearing theremin's together whether in over-dub work like yours (I'm guessing) or looping like Kevin Kissinger and Randy George. Several live on stage is my favorite too, despite the scary technical problems.

Your piece builds a nice texture and sound scape. Some ideas to play with as you work on it are: some varied timbres for the other theremin parts - see how that brings them out and changes the texture; and I think there is more development you can pull out of that theme - it's worth digging at it more to see what other sections might come out to vary the texture and tempos, you may get a B and a C section out of it.

Good luck with your CD. What theremin are you playing, by the way? I didn't recognize the one in your picture.
Posted: 6/13/2011 7:54:32 AM
caerlleon

Thank you for your very kind words & attention/feed back. It's much appreciated.
The Theremin I use s a custom built Theremin that uses Doepfer modules.

Fond regards,

Jamie.
Posted: 6/13/2011 7:57:39 AM
caerlleon

Empty places video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOEoHtM4s8)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.