Etherwave dial positions

Posted: 6/23/2011 6:40:56 AM
AlKhwarizmi

I was wondering how the Etherwave Standard and Etherwave Plus users like to configure the Waveform and Brightness settings of their instruments.

From what I have tried during the last months, I tend to use three settings that I like:

1. Waveform ~ 2 o'clock, brightness ~ 4 o'clock: for a sound similar to a string instrument.
2. Waveform ~ 10:30 o'clock, brightness ~ 1:30 o'clock: for a more human-like voice.
3. Waveform ~ 12 o'clock, brightness ~ 4 o'clock: I have started using this one recently, the result is kind of intermediate between the other two.

Do you use similar settings, or radically different? Which settings in your opinion get closer to the timbre of an RCA?
Posted: 6/23/2011 3:54:30 PM
Thierry

I found that there are no "general" rules for that since
a) the settings for the same timbre may vary from Etherwave to Etherwave due to component tolerances. I could recently try out about 10 Etherwaves in 5 days and so I know what I'm talking about.
b) the timbre depends strongly on the connected amp/speaker combination. I use either a Behringer K450-FX keyboard combo or a Yamaha MSP3 active studio monitor. This makes a huge difference and the Waveform and Brightness knob positions are very different in order to obtain similar timbres with the same Etherwave.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.