Theremin Celebration in Asheville announced, Aug 4-7

Posted: 4/12/2005 4:42:12 PM
Jason

So, any of our members thinking about attending?
Posted: 4/12/2005 9:14:32 PM
Jeff S

I'm seriously thinking about it! I emailed Linda at Moog to "register" for more information as you suggested. I also signed up for their "newsletter".
I'll have to start saving now though. To start it's an eight hour drive one way, so I estimate about $100 in gas alone (as long as the price doesn't increase too much between now and then).
Posted: 4/12/2005 9:40:30 PM
Jason

I wonder if you could busk your way across the country :) Gene Segal drove in a van from LA to Portland, Maine for the 1997 Festival - truly a marvelous feat in the name of the theremin!

I'm going to try my best to make it. My 5-yr anniversary is the following week, so our vacation plans may favor that instead, but we'll see.

I checked out the Orange Peel while I was in Asheville last week. It's a big open space with that old "factory" feel - very cool. Should be great for those concerts.
Posted: 4/14/2005 8:33:15 PM
deadly_frog

I'm in central indiana and MIGHT be interested in going. I'm already planning to hit up some guitar festivals and master classes, so I may not be able to justify this, especially considering my complete lack of skill. If i'm going, I'd be interested in splitting a ride with someone.

I think my sister might be going to grad school in NC...
Posted: 5/3/2005 12:07:36 PM
Etherspiel

Is this still happening? I have seen nothing posted on the Moog site, or on the Orange Peel site.

It would be good if someone would post the details of this event (i.e. who will perform, event schedule, etc).

Posted: 5/3/2005 5:58:01 PM
Jason

It's definitely still happening. I got mail from the owner of the Orange Peel about the event today, in fact. It sounds like they're still working out some of the details. As soon as they have a solid schedule, I'm sure we'll hear some details. I'll make sure everything gets posted to Thereminworld in a big way :)
Posted: 5/3/2005 5:59:24 PM
Etherspiel

Thanks Jason!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.