Want to buy one. Email me if you have one to sell: pickleparade@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Barry
Posted: 4/15/2005 12:17:22 PM
ThereMan

you finally realized the b3 sucks?
Posted: 4/15/2005 2:14:36 PM
Charlie D

It might be simplet to adapt it yourself, or play back-to-front.
Posted: 4/15/2005 3:51:30 PM
Barry A. Schwam

The B3 does not suck, in my opinion. I have become good enough now, to upgrade to a Moog. I think the B3 is excellent for beginners. It delivers what it promises, for 1/2 of the price of the Moog.
Posted: 4/18/2005 9:33:08 PM
ThereMan

it was good for sound effects, but i couldnt play a thing on it it that sounded like music, but i bought the etherwave and now realize it was not me who sucked, it was the theremin,i was able to play simple tunes my first day playing the moog
Posted: 4/22/2005 1:43:12 AM
Barry A. Schwam

Then it might be a matter of preferance or ability, because I can play lots tunes on the B3. However, I have ordered a Moog, and will report on my experience, and what I find to be the differance between the two.
Only thing is, I hate to spend that sort of money, only to have to play the instrument "backwards." That is, with the controls facing away from me; being left handed. I wrote a guy at Moog, and complained about how a short run of lefthanded theremins would not cost them that much! Hie sort of apologized, and told me how to rewire the thing, which is beyond my skill or desire.
Posted: 4/22/2005 1:48:04 AM
Barry A. Schwam

Thera-man..
How long did you try and play the B3 before you ordered the Moog? I admit, it took me a few months to make decent music, but once I got used to the b3, it seemed fine. How is the B3 differant than the Moog, in your opinion?
Barry
Posted: 4/22/2005 4:55:58 PM
ThereMan

basically i felt i had to relearn it every time i turned it on...i found it to be instable and impossible to tune or keep tuned...if i was not an ambitious person that could have easily killed my quest to learn theremin
Posted: 4/26/2005 8:15:59 AM
regmtait

I'm left-handed and play a Moog theremin back-to-front. I was very concerned about this before I ordered the machine, but I've had no problems and was very pleased and relieved when I assembled it for the first time.

It's easy to reach the knobs. The volume antenna tilts away from me rather than towards, but I don't think that affects playing.

It's not quite as elegant as a machine created just for me, but it's more than good enough. I had a couple of theremins before that one too, including one that was built left-handed.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.