Can anyone help me with this?

Posted: 7/11/2005 2:06:15 AM
rob

Okay I live in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and I am looking for an affordable theremin.(Around the price of the Enkelaar. 180.) I also would prefer it to be in my location range. I don't mind one that is tone only, similiar to the one Jimmy Page used. If anybody has any suggestions or ideas please let me know. Thank you.
Posted: 7/13/2005 1:41:33 AM
Etherdave

The Theremax by PAIA is an easy-to-build solod-state kit theremin featuring traditional dual-heterodyne circuitry, tone control, volume control, control-voltage outputs, and more. Kit can be ordered with precut wood and metal pieces for antennae and cabinet. If you like to solder electronic parts together, this kit is for you.

NOTE: while you can always plug in a pair of earphones, most theremins require a powered amplifier to produce sound.

I ordered my Theremax without cabinet components and built my own with red oak, table legs, and solid brass antennae. Total cost was under $300. My instrument plugs into my guitar amp for gigs, into my PC for sessions.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.