Theremin case

Posted: 8/11/2005 10:01:31 AM
DiggyDog

The air travel thread inspired me to start this one.

I have been looking for an alternative to the Moog gig bag for my Etherwave Standard.

I would like either a soft case that would allow me to leave the volume loop on or a hardshell case.

What are you guys using?

I'm still hauling mine around in the original shipping box.

Now, the cardboard is quote stylish but it is getting a little worn out and someday soon it will need to be replaced.

Any ideas?
Posted: 8/11/2005 11:52:24 AM
vonbuck

I'm not sure why you want to leavethe volume antenna on. Is it attached permantly ? If you feel removing too much will hurt it, it really won't and doesn't it make it harder to screw on the stand. Just wondering
Andy
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:55:21 PM
DiggyDog

Good questions.

I just have a lot of equipment to set up.

In addition to the Etherwave I have to set up amps, a bass, effect processors, assorted circuit bent toys and percussion insturments.

The less I have to assemble and disassemble the better.

If I could leave both antennae on I would.

I am not titally opposed to having to take it all apart if I find the perfect case....
Posted: 8/11/2005 3:28:16 PM
vonbuck

thanks, just wondering. When you use that much gear, setting up's never a problem, it's the tear down when your through that's the real pain.
In one of my bands I have a that much to set up, and figure out where while aswering questions on what the hell's that thing.
so i know what you mean about set ups
Posted: 8/12/2005 8:31:12 AM
DiggyDog

The Theremin is the last thing I tear down because if I put it away first then someone always wants to try it out or talk about it.

What I do is put everything else away first.

It can be hard to balance spreading the good word about the theremin and getting your stuff put away before last call.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.