What are you doing differently after Ethermusic 2005?

Posted: 8/15/2005 8:19:02 PM
Jason

I'm curious to know what people are doing differently after returning from (or reading about) Ethermusic 2005? Are you trying a new pitch technique? Working on your ear training? Composing? Unpacking a new Etherwave Pro (lucky dogs)?

Posted: 8/15/2005 9:14:45 PM
user

Still waiting for my Pro to be shipped to me.

I'm starting to worry that my check didn't make it through the mail to Moog.
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:58:42 PM
Jeff S

Ed - Don't forget many people wait for checks to clear (up to 15 days) before they will ship the merchandise, especially for something that pricey. But, I can't speak for Moog Music. Unfortunately, there are people who send "bad" checks intentionally.

And I am waitng (relatively) patiently for my E-Pro to return in (hopefully) better condition than I left it.
In the mean time I've had to console myself with my Enkelaar theremin....it just isn't the same.
Posted: 8/16/2005 12:36:54 AM
vonbuck

I'm waiting to have some extra money to send my EPro back to Moog to get the pitch antenna tightned (intermiten squealling), the ghost signal removed, and the every popular snappy volume response fixed. The first two should be covered by the warrenty, oh yeah, get the pitch preview to sound in the same register.
I'll miss it, but will still have my Wavefront
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:23:27 PM
mickkotter

what is the intermitten squealing that you refer to?
occasionally, my epro will squeal and won/t make any
other sound for a while.

also could you explain the 'ghost signal'?
what is that?

Posted: 8/16/2005 4:41:43 PM
Charlie D

There's been reams of discussion on LEVNET about the ghost signal and sqealing from the E'Pro. It's put me postitively off buying one until Moog sorts it all out.

Look on the Levnet list for all the details:

http://www.korrnet.org/mailman/private/levnet/
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:59 PM
vonbuck

The ghost signal is pretty much the pitch preview leaking thru the main output, so you hear sound even when touching the volume antenna completly. My squeak is a little different than other squeaks. Sometimes you have to touch the pitch antenna and it resets itself. On mine, I have to grag the wooiden base, and wiggle it. Sometimes I'll bump into it and it sets it off. It might just need tightening, so i'm going to fool around with it my self
Andy
Posted: 8/16/2005 11:41:05 PM
steveburnett

Practicing more.
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:58:14 PM
steve/camarilla

practicing a lot more. especially focusing on technique. trying to break my bad habits...

i think one of the most valuable things i learned was to do vibrato from the elbow not the wrist.

ive been hooking my piano up to my loop station. it's really nice, i can play something, loop it, and theremin over it for hours heh.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.