MURF/theremin

Posted: 8/30/2005 4:14:41 PM
Cortex 007

before I shell out the $$, has anyone had enough play time with theremin plus Moog MURF to make a recommendation????
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:20:58 AM
DiggyDog

I am glad you asked.

I don't have an answer but have been wondering the same thing.

If I break down and get one I will let everyone know.
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:22:00 PM
Jeff S

I believe Jon B. of the Lothars uses a MuRF as well a filter. I thought there was a video posted here of him playing "Video Killed the Radio Star" from the Ether Music 2005 festival, but I can't seem to find it now.
Perhaps he will chime in and give us his take on the MuRF.
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:47:13 PM
Jason

Yeah... it was posted here, but "Video Killed the Radio Star" killed our bandwidth. I'm working on getting the videos encoded in more formats & getting more bandwidth, and then I'll make it and many many more videos from the event available for download.

I think he might have only used the low pass filter and ring modulator pedals in that performance though. The MURF sounds more like an arpeggiator.
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:50:19 AM
Jon B

Hello! I do have a MuRF, but didn't bring it with me to Asheville. The Lothars have recorded a cover version of the Clash song "The Call Up" (for this project (http://guterman.com/sandinista/index.html)) in which I use a theremin through the MuRF as a rhythm track throughout. I don't want to post the audio due to bandwidth issues, but if Jason can host it I'll send an mp3 over to him....

Anyway, I'm not sorry I bought it, since it proved very useful for this song, but I haven't otherwise played with it enough to really have an opinion.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.