Turnkey blowing out Etherwave Pros

Posted: 9/28/2005 10:41:58 PM
user

Too bad Moog Music couldn't afford to just buy him out - isn't the European company in the business of supporting older Moog products?

I have also been bouncing around my EPro - finally got it yesterday!!
Posted: 9/29/2005 4:24:30 AM
maturana

The Moog company in United Kingdom is in the aeronautical bussiness -control systems, both civil and militar airplanes, including misile controls. As you can see, nothing to do with musicals instruments. I'm still waiting my E-Pro... Now I'm the man without nails
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:57:21 PM
Oscar

I HAVE IT NOW!!!!

Great sounding basses! I love this instrument.
I also am considering to ask Moog for a sticker - maybe for the top.

Now , I go back to mi EPRO DVD :)
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:09:56 PM
Oscar

As I have just told the people at Levnet, I also am considering to ask Moog for a sticker - maybe for the top and not the front..

This UK model has no logo at all, as you know, but a fine sticker from Moog themselves would be
great for the top.

Who do you think I should ask at Moog for it? I was supposed to receive an sticker with my warranty signed for the Standard from N.C. ... It was in November last year and I am still waiting for it, after sending about 2 or 3 emails to them... They told me in one occasion they were busy...
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:22:28 PM
kkissinger

Well, you lucky folks beat me -- I ordered my Epro after Turnkey ran out but before they updated their webpage. Went ahead and ordered an Epro from Humbucker. I just started playing at the beginning of the month -- built a Theremax. Going from a no-theremin household to a two-theremin household in one month. Guess I'm hooked :)
Posted: 10/1/2005 5:00:51 AM
Oscar

I also have to say, the power cable from Turnkey was british - not big deal, It is a standard one (3-5 euro/dollars maybe?).

The case is sealed with Moog's logo, and the DVD has "moog" on it, but the rest of it has no brand at all.

The foam that comes with it is, of course, a hight density one. It is supposed to be used with the official bag - maybe too expensive 100 euro for a simple bag without foam, you have to reuse the one that comes with the unit. (!)

I will try to search for a smaller hard trolley suitcase and I will buy high density foam myself and re-distribute it to be into it. Cheaper and more convenient than buying a official one.

To buy a EPro does not mean you have lots of money to waste.
Posted: 10/2/2005 4:50:31 AM
unclechristo

on my 1st gig on my Turnkey Etherwave Pro my timbre switch pot worked loose. It was odd coz it would stillswitch despite being loose...

In case this is true of others in this batch I found that to tighten it it needs a very small Imperial (rather than metric) allen key.

I found the octave pot could do with a tighten too.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.