What is this worth?

Posted: 9/26/2005 2:12:01 PM
JoeW

Hello, I just joined. I need some advice on what this is worth. I have a Maestro theremin, TH-1 is on the box. While I know this is very old, it is actually brand new as it has never been taken out of the box. My father won it at a raffle and put it away in the closet as he had no use for it. A while ago he gave it to me and again it ended up in the closet as I have no use for it.

I would like to sell it so that a collector or user who would appreciate it can have it. What is this worth? I don't want to price it too low and not get what I should for it. On the other hand, I don't want to price it too high and not have anyone interested in it.

Thank you for any advice!
Joe
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:26:13 PM
Jason

I see one listed on eBay today with a starting price of $499. To me, that seems quite high. The instrument was never very playable even when it was new and suffered from a weak volume antenna response. If it's in mint condition, it might be worth a couple of hundred dollars to a collector though.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.