What's worse then no Theremin?

Posted: 11/10/2005 6:16:38 PM
dulcimoo

Ahhhhh A new one that doesn't work. Dang. My new etherwave just arrived from one of the Theremin World "suggesteed" vendors and dang the power supply didn't work (it flipped my breakers)! I hope the etherwave isn't damaged. It also was shipped later than promesed and the gig bag was not included in the shipment. I called Moog directly about the power supply thingy and they are sending it right out...and the vender said the gig bag is being shipped right away too. I hope all the "bad" karma is taken care of upfront with this thing. I suspect it's the wrong powersupply for the country. Nither box is checked on the back.
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:37:43 PM
Jason

Can I ask where you ordered it from? I haven't heard bad feedback about either zZounds or InstrumentPro.com before - was it one of them? Neither of those companies ship outside the US, so I suspect if the power supply was for the wrong country, they probably received it that way from Moog Music.
Posted: 11/11/2005 2:30:09 AM
dulcimoo

Jason,
I sent you an email with the whole mess. The powersupply was probably bad from moog - and moog is taking care of that. I was just venting some frustration - when you see my email I think you will understand. It's not as bad as I am making it sound ... and everything is being taken care of ... but somtimes I just don't want to wait any longer than I have to. I mentioned one of the siggjusted vendors more as a thing saying that I was using them ... rather than cowpalining about one (which is why I didn't say the name).
Posted: 11/12/2005 1:45:53 PM
Jason

Thanks for the detailed e-mail Dulcimoo. I have to agree, your experience was not a pleasant one, and the customer service you received was less than ideal. I'm going to contact the company to inquire about each of the problems and will decide based on their responses whether or not to continue promoting them on this website. As you suggested, it's a good idea to give them a chance to explain themselves & make up for it before we go dragging their name through the mud.

If anyone else has feedback about the theremin or product vendors we list here, please let us know through private e-mail or through posts in the forums. Our goal is to help people find great theremins and learn how to play them, so if something is getting in the way of making that a great experience, we want to know about it.
Posted: 11/12/2005 10:52:47 PM
dulcimoo

Jason,
I have sent you an email they just sent me.
They have given me credit [not the store credit kind - but back to my credit card real money kind] per the discount they should have given me (TIMES TW0 - that is 10%) and are trying to make amends. If you hadn't gotten involved things would not have been corrected.

A public "HAZAH HAZAH HAZAH" for all the help!

And also for making me think I was not to hard on them. I think for the most part everyone tries to do the right thing ... and to do the best ... but as you said this was not so good Cowsturmer service wise..

Well to let everyone know a bit ... Instrumenpro.com kinda messed up an order of mine. My biggest gripe is they didn't ship things when they said [this shipping thing happened twice]...and I had to call up a couple of times to find out (I was expecting it to be delivered by the time I called the first time) then when I was told somthing else (that it had shipped that day - even though I had an email that stated it was shipped a few days prior). Also the didn't give me the discount per this website and my etherwave arrived broken (but that might be Moog's fault). Everything is getting fixed ... it has been a little frustrating but Jason stepped in and they are making things much better. Thanks again. Moog, on Thursday, said they [Moog] would send a new powersupply thingy on Friday (but that was a holiday - so if it doesn't ship 'till Monday I'll understand that).
Posted: 11/13/2005 8:02:58 AM
Jason

I have to say that from my perspective, the turn-around and the reply from InstrumentPro.com was VERY impressive. Not only did they address all the issues in this instance, but they did it on a Saturday when most "customer service departments" aren't available. They also confirmed that the AFF01 discount code is still good, so if you're placing an order and the salesperson doesn't believe you, hang up and try another one.

I have to put in a quick plug for buying online though... when you place an order through the phone, ThereminWorld doesn't get credit for the sale. We survive on the affiliate commissions revenue from the ads we place on our site. Every dollar we make is rolled back into ThereminWorld.com for things like contests, operating costs, advertising, and the like. So folks, if you're comfortable placing an order on the web, it really does help us out.

Glad this all worked out 'moo! Let us know what happens when your new power supply arrives.
Posted: 11/13/2005 10:05:00 AM
dulcimoo

Yes. The turnaroud was great thanks to you ... and I would have placed my order online ... but I was trying to find out the differece between the two prices. I actualy think it is MORE SECURE to place an order online then over the phone. If I had known I would have hung up and placed the add online (sorry) the salesman did the proper thing from the busness point of view and got my order. If the website had an explication on the different price then I wouldn't have been on the phone in the first place. (The explination was that the lower price was "old" - I JUST checked the website and only one is on the site is at the "lower" price). The discount code probably would have worked as well.

And I will have to say that they have been very responsive once the issue was made known, but on the otherhand there should nave have been the issues in the first place. If you track this down - it started with two different prices and product numbers without an explination for the standard etherwave on the website. Here is a perfect example of how a small issue can cause a lot of problems.

But to speak from the customer point of view... What would have happened if I hadn't of "bitched" on this website? I would have been a disgruntled clint. I might never have used them again. I might have even been mad at ThereminWorld (but wasn't). This might have been a 1:1,000,000 glitch but I have know way of knowing.

As it stands right now there was a minor glitch that was taken care of once they were made aware to this customers satisfaction. I know that the occasional glitch happens.

So now the only person that is not happy is Jason, well I am going to take care of that. So Jason if ThereminWorld has a paypal account I'll send you the extra 5% they gave me as a donation to the site if you don't mind. Semd me an email with the info and I will get that to you. OK?
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:08:18 PM
Jason

Quite alright moo... I appreciate the thought, but I actually am quite happy it worked out in the end. Feel free to put that refund back into your theremin habit :) All's awesome that ends awesome.
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:11:47 PM
dulcimoo

So did moog do any better? Nope. Remember I called moog last Thursday and asked about the powersupply thing ... and the gave me an RMA and said they were sending me one on the next day. Well guess what ... no Tacking number so I called them today ... and the same thing "Oh we are shipping it out today". Well I paid for faster shipping and will hopfully be anoying y'all and the cats soon. Some kinda magic power my cats have I am sure so it will take longer before I get to anoy them. Can't be bad cowma - I don't even eat cows.
Posted: 11/17/2005 1:19:43 PM
dulcimoo

MOO MOO MOO. I just got the powersupply from Moog. Yup that was the problem. The etherwave works fine! I can even almost play some songs - might not be exactly the correct pitch - but better than I eggspected. It came with a return recept label (so at least I don't have to pay to ship it back). It's plugged in to a Peavey solo amp on the 2nd chan and WOW it's loud. Yep I'm go to NC G-d willing and the crick don't rise.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.