DiggyDog's Progress

Posted: 7/9/2007 8:40:05 AM
DiggyDog

Saturday Them! played at Starbucks. It was only our second time playing anywhere.

We did two originals and a Police cover and it went really well.

I was actually satisfied with my theremin playing when I saw the video. It has been slow going but I am finnally getting to the point where I can do some decent melodies on this inferanl contraption!

Once again, though, the wife completely forgot to take pictures.

When I asked her how many pics she tool she said the theremin playing was just too mesmerizing. That's why I married her. She knows how to lie when necessary.

I guess I am going to have to hire a professional photog...

Posted: 7/13/2007 9:06:31 PM
teslatheremin

DiggyDog,
I really enjoyed reading this thread! I like that I can read a working, musician's thoughts on playing the Theremin out and about to the crowds. Keep it up! Will you have any songs available to hear, soon?
Good-Luck,
teslatheremin
Posted: 8/30/2007 4:05:47 PM
DiggyDog

I am in the process of recording some of my own songs which I will post as they become available.

Right now I am going through my songs from my singer-songwirter with guitar days and seeing which ones could benefit from thereminization.

Up til now, most of my redorded theremin work has been in the noise-psychedelic vain and it is much too easy to just slide by without a whole lot of effort.

I have found that when I am playing along with my (pre-recorded) self on guitar I have to work much harder to get it right.

It is slow going but I hope the results will be worth it.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.