So... do you come here often

Posted: 11/9/2006 10:25:13 PM
buddycraigg

how could I not start the first thread?

thank you Jason for making this section. as long as no one talks politics or religion, it will probably be a fun place.

what caused the off topic section to come about was probably me venting about not being able to get a transmission to line up on tuesday night.
i fought it for over two hours and knew that i had to walk away. but i still needed to vent, and i did it here.

i'm happy to report that it "stuck" the clutch disk in about 10 seconds tonight and i'm putting the car back together.

cheers

buddy craigg
Posted: 11/10/2006 8:30:32 AM
DiggyDog

I am glad it worked out for you, Buddy.

The trouble you were having was probably the fault of those Baptist Democratics...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

(I have nothing against Baptists or Democrats. I was just trying to be funny.)
Posted: 11/12/2006 10:17:19 AM
zakiman

why don't we talk about hindus and their political standing?
Posted: 11/12/2006 11:39:58 AM
GordonC

Hmm, religion [i]and[/i] politics. Now there's a safe, non-contentious area for discussion.

As it happens, my wife's a Hindu. Our joint experience is that the majority of her relatives and friends of the Hindu persuasion share Conservative values with regard to such matters as economics and law enforcement, probably because in the greater part they have a small business or a job requiring professional qualifications, but will not vote for them because they do not support their stance on race related issues.

Posted: 12/19/2006 10:24:56 PM
teslatheremin

I once dated a Hindu girl, it was in the spring, I think ... anyway, I stood up for her politically, and she gladly took my support. Then her father sent her away, and her entire family followed shortly thereafter. Alas!
Then that next january I received a picture from some poor kid in India wanting my help "for pennies a day"! Oiy! And, then--- this is the weird part--- every year I get the same kid's picture, but he is older. Am I missing something?
teslatheremin
Posted: 12/20/2006 12:32:35 AM
buddy_craigg

well, you're missing the Hindu girl.
Posted: 1/11/2007 9:09:41 PM
teslatheremin

Hmmmm--- You think so Buddy?
Thank the Diety of your respective choices, that the United Nations hasn't applied an International Morrie Povitch DNA Parternity Test! I guess that is what Unicef will ultimately become.
teslatheremin
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:41:35 AM
DiggyDog

Well, I would worry more if the kid didn't age...

At least you know they're not just reusing the same tired picture year after year.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.