Theremin Blog, DOG.

Posted: 3/5/2007 5:09:49 PM
Hammy

Hi Friends.

So, In January, I started studying the theremin at Mannes College of Music's Extension Division in Manhattan. They've never had a theremin major before (has anyone?), and since my adventures thus far have been quite singular and may be of poignant interest to theremin-ophiles, I have decided to blog about it. I've only written one entry so far, but expect more fantastical tales as the week progresses. (I'm on Spring Break so I finally have time to write.)

Here's the link:

http://thereminjen.wordpress.com/

Read away! Comment! Email me!

Thanks,
Jen
Posted: 3/5/2007 5:21:25 PM
Alexander

Ah yeah, I got in touch a while back and you sent me a link to your music. Cool. I'll try to keep up.

Forgive me for being a little incredulous of the telephone conversation you describe :P
Posted: 3/5/2007 5:26:50 PM
Hammy

Thanks.

About the phone conversation: I didn't believe it either.

;)
Posted: 3/5/2007 5:41:23 PM
GordonC

Great! Looking forward to following your adventures. I have subscribed to your RSS feed!

Posted: 3/5/2007 6:14:58 PM
kkissinger

Jen,

Congratulations and best wishes to you.

[i]-- Kevin[/i]
Posted: 3/6/2007 10:34:45 AM
omhoge

EXCELLENT Jen!
Happy ground breaking and please keep us posted.
You'll have to let us know about all of your recitals.
Did they hire a theremin teacher yet? Eager to know about that too.

congrats!
Posted: 3/6/2007 12:39:20 PM
Hammy

Thanks, everyone!

Omhoge - Unfortunately, they aren't going to hire a theremin teacher, per se. I convinced them to let me take lessons from a violin teacher. She's great! She teaches me dynamics, tone, vibrato, etc. . . I do the technique work myself. I might try a voice teacher next year, and then, maybe a cello teacher after that, just for variety. One of the perks of the theremin is that can sound similar to a lot of different instruments.

:)

Posted: 3/6/2007 2:24:48 PM
buddy_craigg

[i]One of the perks of the theremin is that can sound similar to a lot of different instruments. [/i]
or in my case, like nothing else you've ever heard

i look forward to reading more of your blog.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.