Theremin PCB + Schematics needed.

Posted: 2/3/2012 9:57:07 AM
shogeki

Hi guys, it is my first post here.

I am planning on building a (EM) Theremin for my lady friend and can't manage to find any resources to build one within my parameters.

I have the equipement to make one sided PCBs, I build guitar pedals and synthetizer modules and can get any kind of parts easily.

I would just like to find some simple schematics that come with a pcb file and partlist, nothing fancy / with tubes.

Thanx !

Edit: I thought of buying a kit but I am outside of the US and under some time constraint, also I would like to etch some sweet words on the pcb.

Posted: 2/3/2012 1:07:14 PM
Thierry

The EM theremin which was later slightly modified and brought to market as the Etherwave Standard theremin has a double-sided PCB layout...

Unfortunately you don't tell in your profile where you are located. Thus I cannot point you towards a local dealer for a kit.

Posted: 2/3/2012 1:48:17 PM
Chobbs

There is a perfboard layout in the EM article,- just copy that.

Posted: 2/3/2012 1:55:10 PM
alrj

Hi shogeki.

Double-sided PCB are not that hard to do, even with single-sided UV exposure box. Make sure your front and back transparent sheets are perfectly aligned and glue or staple them together to form a sleeve. Expose eache side in turn, being very careful to not move the PCB when you turn the board over.

It can also help to make larger solder pads and have wider clearance on the far side. That way, even if you end up with a small offset, you can still have your drilled holes entirely inside the pads.

Posted: 2/7/2012 7:03:59 AM
shogeki

I am located in Japan, also I am using the laser toner + chemical technique to etch my pcb therefore making good double sided pcb might be a little tricky but I could try. (I guess it would also be a question of alignement)

Could you link me to the EM article ?

Also any kind of theremin will do, as long as it it not photo based.

Thanx again for your help !

Posted: 2/7/2012 1:04:48 PM
Thierry

Click here :-)

Posted: 2/7/2012 11:43:18 PM
RS Theremin

Hello shogeki,

I am just across the pond to the east same latitude. Send me an email, I would like to find out more about your theremin interests. (-'

theremin@oldtemecula.com

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.