Moog Etherwave Pro for Sale

Posted: 3/20/2012 10:33:38 PM
matrix1

Hi !

I'm a "newbies" on this site I've discovered recently, I m french guy who enjoy playing on analog equipement (synths, electric piano and acoustic KB instruments as well).

I bought many years ago a Moog Etherwave Pro but unfornatly I didn't spend time to learn to play efficienlty this great instrument, so I decided this week to sell it.

I've read many things about this Moog EPro Theremin and the second hands prices.

Can you give me your advices about the price I can sell it, mind is in mint condition, complete (its metal support, original DVD, power cable, and original box to send it all over the world - !  it's not the Moog fly case)

Thx

Olivier

Posted: 3/20/2012 11:29:02 PM
Jason

Welcome to Theremin World!  I hope you'll stay around even after you sell the instrument.

Etherwave Pro's are not very good.  I'll offer you $50 for it.

I'm kidding, of course!  We've seen them go for as high as $5000 USD in auctions, but that was over a year ago. 

You're welcome to post it here, and you might find a private buyer. 

You could also contact Moog Music to see if they have a waiting list of people who are asking how to get a Pro (some folks want a backup instrument). 

eBay is another choice, but with this kind of rare and valuable instrument, I'd be VERY careful about selling it.

The last option is a private auction house.  They're going to charge a large commission though.

If you do decide to give it to a great home for $50, please let me know first :)

Posted: 3/21/2012 1:28:11 AM
SewerPipe

I'll give $50.00 and pay the shipping,,, just kidding, as Jason said your Theremin is worth far more than that. :~) Can't blame a guy for trying thou!

Have a Blessed day --- Dana

Posted: 3/21/2012 7:17:22 AM
Thierry

I have been the man in the middle for several Etherwave Pro transactions in Europe in the last time.

That means that people asked me to check, calibrate and eventually upgrade the instrument during the transaction.

The sellers got (depending of the instrument's condition and if it was already upgraded with the EPVM1345 module) between 2250€ (recently for an instrument which had some scratches and needed the pitch rod to be replaced and following calibration) and 2700€ (for an instrument in mint condition, but not yet upgraded, about one year ago).

The buyers paid these amounts plus shipping costs plus a fee for my check/repair/calibration/upgrade efforts. The total never exceeded 3000€.

Posted: 3/21/2012 8:23:24 PM
matrix1

Hi therry

are you living in Europe ? may be in France ?

can you inform me about the upgrade and the EPVM1345 module ?

Well, I have to confirm that I am really ready to "lose" my EPro (and my Perspehone as well) and lot of my analog synths bought during 30 years for an good sounding Grotrian/Steingraeber acoustic piano (and eventually martenot ondes ...and depend of money feed back , Vibraphone !), but I can confirm that mind is in really excellent cosmetic and electronic conditions.

If people here would be interesting on my Theremin , I would prefer to sell it here than Ebay or even private auctions.

Thx every people for your light, sorry for my poor English language, and thx for your "very low price private joke proposition guys !" 50 UDS could be a good price for my Epro, but please don't ask me to include shipping costs thx ; )

Posted: 3/22/2012 6:36:58 AM
Thierry

@matrix1: Oui, j'habite dans le nord-est, à Colmar.

Si vous voulez prendre contact, n'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un mail à theremin(arobase)tfrenkel(point)com. N'oubliez pas de me communiquer votre numéro de téléphone pour que je puisse vous appeler ce qui facilitera la communication.

Comme ça, nous pourrions voir ensemble en quelle mesure je pourrais vous aider, soit pour vous aider à trouver des clients pour vos instruments en vente, soit pour des services à valeur aujoutée. On me demande souvent d'assister à des transactions d'instruments rares (pas seulement des thérémines) pour estimer leur valeur ou pour une révision/mise à jour dans mon atelier qui permettra ensuite de donner une garantie.

Vous puissiez alors également bénéficier du fait que beaucoup de gens préfèrent acheter chez quelqu'un qui est connu et qui a une bonne réputation que de se lancer dans une transaction ou des enchères anonymes.

Posted: 3/26/2012 9:31:20 AM
matrix1

Thx Thierry

next answer in PM ; )

Posted: 4/3/2012 10:29:47 AM
Thierry

Never got a PM from you up to now...

Posted: 6/1/2012 2:24:05 PM
antontokar

Hello. Is this theremin still for sale? What's the price, please?

Posted: 9/3/2012 3:17:02 PM
matrix1

Hello

well I didn't spend much time to try to send it on EBay or other way on the web, so I put it in its box since 3 months (such a shame ! but not enough time to learn theremin practice)

so it is still available

if you 're interested on it please send me an Email

regards

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.