kepptheremins Yahoo Group - status??

Posted: 3/30/2012 7:06:04 AM
gtc

I made application to join kepptheremins Yahoo Group but the Admin hasn't actioned my application.

Is that group now dead?

Posted: 3/30/2012 12:11:48 PM
Chobbs

Hi, and welcome.

kep Yahoo was moving here, but both sites have been dead, or at least asleep for the last few months.   Not sure if the original site is"closed" - could be that phillip, the admin, has been busy and hasnt checked for new members.

Start posting here and hopefully others will join in.    I check TW regularly, at least.

Charlie

Posted: 3/30/2012 12:55:55 PM
gtc

Thanks. I came here when I saw "We encourage you to double post at Thereminword" on the Group's home page.

If Philip is the same guy who owns http://www.neidlinger.us/keppinger.htm then I wrote to him in relation to some issues on that site and he repied that he is out of town at the moment and to check into the Yahoo group, so maybe I'm going in circles, LOL!

Posted: 3/31/2012 3:06:40 AM
gtc

Update: Philip has activated me. :-)

Posted: 4/1/2012 2:57:27 PM
hypergolic

Neither is dead. The overall activity generally low with high activity in spurts. When photo hosting is up and running here, we'll move all folks here. I'm up at Ft. Belvoir at the moment for 3 weeks of training at the Army Management Staff College. Very busy, so haven' had time to keep current with emails and such. Activity here will pick up, again, when the webmaster completes his storage for our photos.

I apologize for the delay in replying to you, but again, I've got a lot of irons in the fire at the moment.

Sincerely yours

Philip Neidlinger

Posted: 9/10/2012 6:33:57 AM
Jason

We now have photo galleries available here.  Hopefully this will be sufficient for Keppinger builders!  If not, please let me know and I'll see what we can figure out.

Posted: 4/8/2014 11:03:43 AM
JamesMario

I made application to join kepptheremins Yahoo Group but the Admin hasn't actioned my application.

Is that group now dead?

No,Its not inactive.

Posted: 4/8/2014 3:12:04 PM
hypergolic

No, its very active. Yahoo has been buggy since they changed the format of their groups to something considerably less user-friendly. Please apply again.

Philip Co-Moderator Serving the Master, Mark Keppinger.

Posted: 4/8/2014 3:14:57 PM
hypergolic

The Kepp group has spurts of activity. It may go a month between posts. Then, someone has a problem with their theremin and the assembled brain trust chips in to help. Right now, Mark K. has his revised miniature tube design PCBs almost ready, and will be available shortly. The new design uses miniature tubes instead of the big 8-pin octals. The new design still uses BHCs for playing field linearity (Big Honking Coils).

Posted: 4/26/2014 4:26:30 AM
dewster

"toss a handful of ice third powers in a Ziploc bag to fun play."

"We're motionless fundamentally faring fart japes."

"most musket ball sportswomen are great cardio physical exertions, and they are a lot of fun."  - erimre

It may be a gibberish spam generator, but by gum it's rather inspired.  How do you argue against that, I ask?

Kind of creepily easy to perceive false glimmerings of cogitation amidst the pseudo random ramblings, particularly so when you know that's all it is.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.