MOOG DOCUMENTARY AT AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO!

Posted: 8/15/2012 10:26:16 PM
Thomas Grillo

Hi all. Just found this little gem at Amazon's instant video. You can now watch Moog for free if you're a Prime member, or for $2.99, rent for a week, or buy the download for $9.99. Of course, they also have the dvd too.

http://www.amazon.com/Moog/dp/B002VOQO2G/ref=tmm_aiv_title_0

Enjoy! :)

Posted: 9/3/2012 5:59:05 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

I bought the DVD  ..

Have since discovered it on you-tube -

But I also found these interviews which I really liked..

Bob Moog part 1:

Bob Moog Part 2:

Bob Moog Part 3:

Fred.

Posted: 9/3/2012 3:18:00 PM
Thomas Grillo

@FredM Those are cool links. :)

Posted: 9/4/2012 11:09:34 AM
AdamBHarris

Thanks Fred. He seems like a great guy doesn't he? Not a lot of guile there I would imagine.

I must admit, the first time I saw him was in the DVD that came with the theremin and I was a little disappointed. I mean, I figured at least sparks should be shooting from his hair or something. Now I'm starting to find his unremarkable nature quite charming.

It must have been something to buy a synth in those days and have the maker give you personal instruction on its use.

Posted: 9/25/2012 3:58:59 AM
w0ttm

He was one of us. From what I've read, a few people using this forum have actually got to meet him. I've seen video of him making a house call to repair a theremin, breaking out his soldering iron and diving in.

A brilliant man that didn't let his brains go to his head.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.