Photo Albums feature added

Posted: 9/10/2012 6:06:58 AM
Jason

I've just turned on our new photo albums feature.  I encourage you all to give it a try.  I'm sure there are some rough edges to work out, so please post any problems or suggestions here.

Please keep your photo content theremin-related and family friendly!

If you're having trouble with the layout, please hit CTRL+F5 to force the page to reload.  If you're still having trouble after this, let me know.

Posted: 9/10/2012 3:27:22 PM
Jason

Quick tip - after you add a photo, you can just click on its title to change it while you're viewing the album.  To edit the album title, click the little "edit" drop-down on the right-hand side of the page.  I'll work on making both more obvious/easier.

Posted: 9/11/2012 12:43:51 AM
RS Theremin

It appears we are able to edit and delete one anothers photos, I hope no one reads this.

How do you edit the info of Untitled below each photo after it's entered? OK I figured this out by reading your instructions above.

Adding links to youtube and sound files would be nice.

Can Add Choices be moved to a less intrusive location?

You're pure genius Jason, no talk just fact!

Christopher

Posted: 9/11/2012 3:17:20 AM
Jason

Yikes.  I will certainly fix that tonight.  Thanks!

Posted: 9/11/2012 4:17:37 AM
Jason

Alrighty... I think I have the permissions problem fixed.  Thanks for pointing that out!  Now, back to making it easier to edit album titles...

Posted: 9/11/2012 6:19:33 AM
w0ttm

Thanks a ton, Jason.

I guess I better dust off my camera and get busy.

@ Christopher.... Thanks for letting us see your face. I always wonder what people look like when I read their posts, and now I have one less mystery.

Posted: 9/11/2012 1:52:23 PM
Jason

I'm really enjoying seeing the photos folks are posting! 

Would it help to have some sort of activity feed to make it easier to know when people have added or updated photo albums?

Posted: 9/11/2012 6:59:25 PM
RS Theremin

I could create an active link in a comment below a picture but not a very long one, like a 45 character limit.

Does delete Album have a secondary catch box like "Are You Sure" to avoid mistakes?

After a photo is deleted the webpage remained as if nothing happened when it actually did, it should jump back to the Album home page or something.

Adding or deleting photos in an album moves that Album to the #1 spot on the Album home page. This is a good idea for new photos, maybe not deleted photos.

There needs to be a way I can delete a comment I made under anyone's photo as some days I talk trash or at least they have the ability to delete it!

You da Man!

Christopher

Posted: 9/11/2012 7:28:39 PM
Jason

I think we auto-shorten links so you don't see the whole URL in the comment - just the first 45 chars or so.  The actual link that gets added should be the full URL you entered though.  Let me know if that's not working.

Delete Album does have a verification step :).

Hmm... after deleting a photo, the site is supposed to return to the 1st photo in the album (or the 2nd if you deleted the first), or delete the entire album if there was only 1 photo in it.  I'll double-check that.  Perhaps it was just taking too long?

Thanks for the suggestion re: comment deletion.

I just updated the albums to allow you to edit the photo album title by clicking on it IF you own the album.

I think my next focus will be to bring back the bands list in some new form.  As always folks, let me know if you have strong opinions about what we should add/fix next!

Posted: 9/11/2012 8:02:21 PM
RS Theremin

"I think we auto-shorten links so you don't see the whole URL in the comment - just the first 45 chars or so.  The actual link that gets added should be the full URL you entered though.  Let me know if that's not working."

Yes it does what you say except destroys the link in the process. (-;

I used the full http://www.???.com/?????   which may have confused it?

You still da man!

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.