Pumping

Posted: 10/25/2012 11:31:13 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"The Ferengi home planet is the only place in the quadrant where the death penalty is imposed for the crime of engaging in an unprofitable enterprise." - Coalport

Fortunately, we are probably far enough from their home planet to avoid those extremes - particularly living in Britain, which seems to be slightly less influenced by the "home planet" than some other places on Earth! ;-)

No - Im not really "American bashing" (although the daily deluge of emails begging for donations to Romney's "fighting fund" kind of P***es me off - If I get this many, how do you Americans manage to use your email?) - It just seems that, out of the nationalities  I have had dealings with, its the Americans and the Welch who have ripped me off so consistantly that I now wont deal with businesses from these countries without a substantial up-front payment.

I do think its a culture thing - I think they expect you to use anything they tell you for your advantage, regardless of agreements or NDA's - So they never tell you anything useful! .. If you are foolish enough to disclose anything useful to them, they will use it without reference or payment to you, regardless of whatever they have said or bits of paper tyhey have signed.

Fred. 

Even more off-topic....

One of the things I find infuriating about TW is how difficult it can be to locate a posting one has read here.. Will I remember to look for Wavefront stuff in the "Pumping" thread, 6 months from now ? ... The irony is that, for me, this "topic wander" is probably one of the things which makes this place such fun - But it can be a pain, and there seems to be no remedy - Start a specific thread to deal with an issue and all one does is split the discussion which then continues on both threads.. AArrrggghhhh!

Posted: 10/25/2012 11:52:15 PM
Amethyste

All you need to remember is this :

Pumping

Cleavage

Wavefront

hmmmmmmmmm.... You'll remember ;)

Posted: 10/26/2012 2:25:54 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Amey, you're probably right! - And I probably wont ever need to look up those wavefront postings again, and will have those 3 damn words popping into my head at innappropriate moments..

But thanks anyway ;-) LOL

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.