Minty Fresh Moog Etherwave Pro for sale!

Posted: 12/10/2012 3:13:54 PM
Thierry

The black housing of the EPro (besides the bent front panel) is made of the following parts:

1) Back panel = no changes needed

2) Bottom panel (metal with all connectors) = no changes needed

3) Left side panel (with the holes and fixings for the volume antenna) => Has to be replaced by a newly created mirrored version which will be the new right side panel

4) Right side panel (with the hole for the pitch arm) => Has to be replaced by a newly created mirrored version which will be the new left side panel

5) Top panel (with the fixing mechanism for the pitch arm) => Has to be modified or to be replaced by a newly created mirrored version

6) Stabilisator panel (internal, horizontal) = no changes needed

Posted: 12/10/2012 3:23:17 PM
Amethyste

oh boy... :P doesn't sound cheap lol

Stupid left handed me!

Posted: 12/10/2012 3:38:41 PM
Thierry

Amey, if you can live with additional (and unused) holes in the side panels, it could be still cheaper. In that case I'd drill the two holes for the volume loop in the right side panel and leave the old pitch arm hole open (or I'd perhaps manage to mask it) and same for the left side panel where I'd drill the new hole for the pitch arm and leave the ancient two holes of the volume loop unused (and eventually masked).

The top panel section which keeps the spring mechanism for holding and contacting the pitch arm will still be subject to modification, but things were already much easier and require less material costs and working time. I'd be forced to disassemble almost the whole instrument though.

Posted: 12/10/2012 3:54:13 PM
Amethyste

I think I'd be ok with that :)

Could you please send me a cost estimate for adding the volume module and making this one a leftie creating new holes and masking the other ones? Also, the time it would take to do all this?

my email is etherealvocalist@gmail.com

Posted: 12/10/2012 6:12:25 PM
Amethyste

I guess Coalport really wants me to have it, so I really should huh? ;)

Posted: 12/10/2012 6:48:34 PM
Touchless

Amey…beware of “Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing”. I do not personally like my E-pro because the theremin sound is artificial and that dam snappy volume response! It does seem to be the finest design out there but for how long? My opinion with the modifications you need, it may not be the best investment.

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:29:33 PM
Amethyste

Touchless,

Since you hate it so much, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! I'll give you my address and you can send it to me? :)

Posted: 12/10/2012 7:52:10 PM
Thierry

I find it absolutely silly to complain about the snappy volume response of the EPro. The EPVM1345 module is available since summer 2009 and solves that problem for €59 and half an hour working time. :-)

More info and online ordering: http://ethermagic.eu/modules

Posted: 12/10/2012 10:21:18 PM
coalport

Carpeteria: I'd love to see your modifications to the EWP......

Here is view of what my E'Pro looks like, showing the pedestal as well. Video is cued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFsgkNmMg0#t=01m23s

Posted: 12/11/2012 8:54:35 AM
Thierry

@coalport: Interesting to see on this video that your socks change their color from black when you play the theremin to clear grey when you play the kantele... 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.