RS232 Interface lead (humor) ;-)

Posted: 12/4/2012 6:17:25 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

I was looking for a song, and was directed to you tube.. Noticed a "Spitting image" song I hadnt heard before -

Hope you enjoy it - I was in stitches .. If I want a laugh, Spitting image and Monty Python are probably my first choices.

Posted: 3/3/2013 9:02:34 AM
ChrisC

I am old enough to remember seeing this first time around on TV!!

This was a cutting edge series for satire etc.

I remember seeing this too and I can never hear the original without overriding it with these lyrics. Not funny but unfortunately true sentiments. A lot of them are dead only to be replaced with worse!! If you watch you'll know what I'm on about!!!

Posted: 3/3/2013 10:20:21 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"I remember seeing this too and I can never hear the original without overriding it with these lyrics. Not funny but unfortunately true sentiments. A lot of them are dead only to be replaced with worse!! If you watch you'll know what I'm on about!!!" - Chris

Thanks Chris! And amen to your sentiments.

Sadly, British TV has degenerated and "subversive" programs like Spitting Image are a thing of the past IMO.. We have the likes of  "The big bang theory" now. :-(

And yes - I too can never hear the original without overriding it with these lyrics.. And I am pleased about this - I hope the same is true for others exposed to this version. I dont think we can ever have too many "influences" like this in our lives - influences which tweek our consciences which keep us from doing things like accepting jobs in "defence" even if we are unemployed and desperate.

Fred.

Posted: 3/3/2013 12:15:03 PM
coalport

Great vids guys! It's March, and I am looking out my studio window onto endless fields of snow stretching for miles into Vermont. I needed a bit of humor with my morning coffee!

Posted: 3/3/2013 2:08:07 PM
FredM

Heres some more.. Mildly "adult" at times, not for extremists who are offended by "blasphemy". These were shown on public daytime TV in the UK in the '80's - But society has regressed, and I doubt they would be shown these days.. These days only "humor",violence and mindless obscenity without any "political" or "moral" perspective is allowed, IMO.

The above is another song where I always think these lyrics when I hear it - I actually almost hope to be somewhere that people are singing it one day (though this is probably unlikely ;-) and to sing along with this versions lyrics ;-)

And this one just cracks me up  - Much to my wifes horror (yeah, it will probably be cited in the divorce proceedings) The children have watched it many times (they love it) and go 'round singing it.. LOL ;-) .. A bit of counter balance to "all things bright and beautiful" and the other crud they learn at school!

"Our god doesnt do much, he's too busy smoking dope.." ROFLMAO ;-)

Posted: 3/5/2013 9:42:38 PM
ChrisC

The UK's "Not The Nine O:Clock News" was always good for a song or two (and yes, that is Mr Bean in his younger days).

AND

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.