Non-theremin gets lots of attention...

Posted: 12/14/2012 5:46:58 PM
Jason

... is what the headline should have read ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/14/light-hum-a-pure-analog-light-theremin/

Posted: 12/14/2012 10:09:36 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

Ye gods! What a breathtakingly horrible pointless racket IMNSHO..

"pure analogue" .. And ? Who cares! ;-) Noise like that, well - Ive heard more "analogue" sounding 555 timers driving CMOS logic!

So lets see - take a "sequencer" (and a load of knobs) and get these to flash lights - convert these flashes and variations through photocells to drive oscillators etc, and you get a theremin .... ! .... ?

It seems that the new definition of a theremin must now include anything which sounds horrible and whose pitch moves from one undefined point to another without regard for anything..

Twiddling the pitch knob on any instrument (or signal generator) therefore creates a theremin.. Which means that I have been playing the theremin since I got my first signal generator back in the 60's and "played" this with a band in the early 70's.

Im an old hand at the theremin, and didnt even know it! Ive been playing it longer than PP and perhaps even longer than Lydia!

;-)

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.