Pekkanini plays "The Swan" on Pegna Theremin

Posted: 12/19/2012 2:54:38 PM
Amethyste

Bwahahaha.... *Gasp*

Posted: 12/19/2012 4:23:24 PM
coalport

Amey wrote: OMG... am I becoming like Peter??!

Amey, I suspect you are already a lot more like me than you know!

Posted: 12/19/2012 4:47:41 PM
Amethyste

Peter? You are clairvoyant? ;)

... and yes, I believe you are correct.

... As direct, blunt and sometimes irritating you can be, I love you.

Mouep,  I said it. Merry Christmas!

Posted: 4/3/2013 10:46:57 AM
Pekkanini

Hello theremin colleagues! I must say this, to my own defence:

1. It was the first time I played on the Pegna theremin, I'm used to the Moog Etherwave.

2. It was recorded with only an iPhone and a simple videocam without any advanced audio equipment.

But maybe you're right - I'm not yet skilled enough to handle any kind of theremin in such a short notice. I started to play the theremin when I was 50..  :-)

Best wishes

Pekkanini

Posted: 4/3/2013 1:12:01 PM
Amethyste

Hey there J

So glad you joined the group here. I have re-watched the video many times after this link was posted, but never posted a follow-up on it.

What bothers me the most in this video is the acoustics, or the lack thereof? Even if your playing was stellar for this performance, the acoustics would have ruined the result. I felt that the sound was bouncing off from everywhere and it made a whole mush of noise. The thing is with the theremin, you don’t have many chances to make a first impression and the best I can advise you with is to actually go visit the place where you play several times with the instrument and tape yourself ~ then take time to dissect the video and see if the result you hear/see is acceptable for you. I have declined to sing at one place before because of many elements that would have contributed to a less than desirable result. I have seen your other videos and I actually enjoyed them. It seems that for this one, things felt rushed and it appeared that way on the video.

Posted: 4/3/2013 1:12:49 PM
Amethyste

I guess I wanted to add:

"Were you happy with the end result of the video?"

Posted: 4/3/2013 4:09:36 PM
Pekkanini

Thanks for your views, thoughts and support! I guess you are right - I shouldn't have put that video on the tube, it was just meant to be a documentation for myself. But a lot of people wrote to me and said that they liked it a lot, and I was flattered enough to let it stay out..I guess I'm just human..  :-)

Best wishes, Amethyste and thanks again.

P

P.S. Please go and see my latest vid, the title song for my upcoming album:"Theremin tunes played in odd bars".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL82f-k85f8&list=UUfKLil9LgEp4EzaTjEurWMA

Posted: 4/3/2013 4:13:19 PM
Pekkanini

..Forgot to say: Amethyste, I listened to some of your work at Soundcloud - that was really good, beutifully performed!!

Best of luck with all your projects!!

Posted: 4/4/2013 2:14:05 AM
Amethyste

THank you Pekkanini! I will look you up as well on Youtube :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.