Reverb for Etherwave

Posted: 1/28/2013 1:13:41 PM
BernieK

My stepdaughter's birthday is coming up next month, so I'm giving her an Etherwave Standard and a Moog TB-15 amp, and possibly some headphones in case her dorm mates object to the volume. I'm also thinking of purchasing a reverb unit. If I understand the TB-15 correctly, the input impedance is different from a guitar amp, so I'm wondering if a guitar pedal reverb is compatible. I was thinking of a Danelectro or Behringer because they're fairly inexpensive.

One more question: I purchased the Etherwave used and I noticed that the volume control actually acts like a volume control on an amplifier. Is there an adjustment that can be made to correct the functioning of the control?

Posted: 1/28/2013 5:49:57 PM
Thomas Grillo

@BernieK Here is the model of reverb I'm using. It may be a bit higher preiced than you want, but it not only has reverb, but a few other cool items like reverse reverb, a little eq, effect volume, and dual outputs.

http://www.amazon.com/DigiTech-XDV-DigiVerb-Digital-Pedal/dp/B0002GYYD6/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359395193&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=digitek+digiverb+pedal

The other product you mentioned should work fine as well. I've used all sorts of effects with my TB-15, as well as a the 20-25 watt RMS100 amps in my studio, and they sound nice.

Posted: 1/28/2013 6:09:53 PM
Thomas Grillo

@BernieK Regarding the volume side of the theremin acting like an amp volume, I'll have to turn that one over to Thierry, or Wilco. Sounds like something's been done in that theremin by it's former owner.

Posted: 1/28/2013 7:28:54 PM
BernieK

Hi Thomas,

I like DigiTech effects (I have their Synth Wah Envelope Filter), but this one is a little fancier than my stepdaughter could appreciate. I'm going with a Behringer DR600 Digital Stereo Reverb.

The HotRodEtherwav.pdf looks like it would be useful for setting the volume and pitch controls, but if Thierry or Wilco want to chime in, I would be most appreciative.

Cheers,

Bernie

Posted: 1/28/2013 7:46:59 PM
Thomas Grillo

@BernieK Yeh, your daughter can always upgrade later when ready to expand. I think the Behrenger should be all she needs in the way of reverb for now. don't need, or really want all that much anyway when learning. :)

Wish I could be of more help on the volume issue. Sorry. I just play'em, and mod'em. :)

Posted: 3/6/2013 5:05:47 PM
roguewave

I use a small 40-watt Crate "acoustic" amp with built-in digital reverb, also a bigger Peavey "keyboard" amp that has a real spring reverb unit, the latter providing a really nice effect. 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.