Where are we geographically?

Posted: 2/12/2013 7:24:20 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

I do take on some peculiar commissions - 16 pitch-only theremins for the public to abuse for 10 days, at the Royal Festival Hall (South Bank Art Centre, London) in 2010, and my next theremin commission is a project which is so crazy it makes the 2010 show seem boring, sensible and mainstream!

I am NOT a theremin repair establishment, just so there is no confusion and that any conflict-of-interest is established up-front.. Etherwaves are best sent to Thierry who has more expierience with these than I can touch (also, I have no great love for the standard EW instruments - and one needs to love a theremin to be able to give it your best! ;-).

I will only exceptionally undertake repairs / modifications if my arm is twisted and my palm greased sufficiently ;-) .. Or if it is an unusual or advanced theremin which I want to examine - in which case I may do the job free! .. If you have a 91 series, Tvox,Henk or Lev theremin (or even an E-Pro) I may even pay you if you let me examine its guts extensively for a few weeks! .. I am best suited if what you want is particularly special and requires my design skills.

Please dont ever ask me to do anything mechanical to your theremin..  drilling holes or the like - I am embarrased by my butchery of one TW friends theremin... That poor Enkelaar was never the same again... )-8

Fred.

Posted: 2/13/2013 5:08:54 AM
RSchwim

Rob - You're from Brooklyn?  We never would have guessed. LOL

Duh... I just noticed it does say Brooklyn right under my name there... I really must learn to read one of these days... 

Posted: 2/13/2013 5:10:12 AM
RSchwim

Well Rob, with Scotland, France and Iceland on the itinerary, it looks like you're going to need a helluva lot more than the IRT to getcha where you want to go!  LOL

I better go fetch the flippers...

Posted: 2/18/2013 9:39:01 PM
ChrisC

Ameythyst     PS  ~ I am in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Well I am in the village of Liss just north of Portsmouth, Hampshire...................UK

In fact, 19 years ago I lived just 0.2 miles from where Fred M lives now (Hamilton Road, and three years ago I was visiting regularly the g/f who was living in? Yep, Underwood Road; Fred) ! 

Posted: 2/19/2013 12:06:38 AM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"In fact, 19 years ago I lived just 0.2 miles from where Fred M lives now (Hamilton Road, and three years ago I was visiting regularly the g/f who was living in? Yep, Underwood Road; Fred) ! " - ChrisC

LOL, how 'bout that! ;-) ... Its easy to think these coincidences are just too weird, but they're not!

We probably bumped into each other at the butchers on Riverside (we had one of the best butchers in the country - his sausages won awards internationally LOL, - As in, unlike almost all other sausages, they were really worth buying) or at Nick's (one of the best fish+chips in the country - Alas Nick died about 8 years ago)... Or perhaps if you are into walking, I spent many hours in Stoke park woods.. Had been left looking after an ex girlfriends old english sheepdog and her cat, and I had a cat left by my ex-wife.. And we ALL used to spend hours going for walks in the woods together! Quite often I had my 3 young daughters with me as well, so we were a crowd a lot of people remember and still comment on ;-) Particularly the 2 cats and dog .. as apparently its unusual for cats to go on outings like that .. I have been in Underwood Rd since 1984..

But not for much longer I hope (and fear).

Fred.

(oh, I worked about a mile from Liss about 10 years ago)

Posted: 2/21/2013 7:05:42 PM
BernieK

Newington, Connecticut, USA - home of the ARRL (Amateur Radio Relay League)

Posted: 2/22/2013 12:43:29 AM
Jason

Is a "meet-up" feature something you'd want to see on the site?  We used to have a map a LONG time ago where people could insert pins to show where they lived.  I can bring that back if you'd like.  We might also be able to integrate somehow with meetup.com.

I'm in Sammamish, Washington, on the left coast of the USA.  

Posted: 2/22/2013 3:42:09 AM
SewerPipe

>Is a "meet-up" feature something you'd want to see on the site?  We used to have a map a LONG time ago where people could insert pins to show where they lived. <Jason

Yes, for my answer.

I’m in Central Florida, in the right lower corner of the USA.

IHS --- Dana

Posted: 3/3/2013 12:10:58 AM
YodaSD

Hey all, I am in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Any other Canadians out there?

Posted: 3/6/2013 12:55:57 PM
roguewave

"Hey all, I am in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Any other Canadians out there? "

Eh! I live in Toronto (I was born in Montreal).

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.