Spike TV – Needs a Theremin Expert

Posted: 3/10/2013 4:24:10 AM
RS Theremin

The program is called Auction Hunters and they contacted me a couple of weeks ago.

Everyone is an Expert: I had to convince them that just because I had a webpage with an original design that it does not automatically make me an expert, now I do experience theremin illusions but they are much different than delusions of grandeur.

They needed someone in the Los Angeles Area so I gave these three names.

http://www.ballengermusic.com/Ballengermusic/Theremin.html

http://armenra.com/

http://www.1377731.com/

I imagine these Thereminists peek at TW once in a while as it is often very interesting. If Spike $$ goes with one of you maybe one day invite me and my theremin design over to your studio so you might test drive something old school and original. Actually a sound byte of your performing on my Theremin Phoenix along with recording it would be very inspirational for my theremin students, for them to know what is possible.

Christopher

Posted: 3/10/2013 5:02:43 AM
Amethyste

I wish I lived on the West Coast :( All the fun happens there...

Posted: 3/11/2013 1:55:56 AM
roguewave

Remember: the sun *rises* on the East coast!

Posted: 3/11/2013 11:37:47 AM
coalport

I loved the remark that Woody Allen made in one of his films when someone suggested that he move from New York City to Los Angeles: "Why would I want to move to a state whose only cultural advantage is being able to make a right turn on a red light?"   OWTTE

Posted: 3/11/2013 11:57:27 AM
Amethyste

Lol... I'd stil like to move to Cali. Winters are slowly killing me here...........

Posted: 3/11/2013 1:28:09 PM
RS Theremin

For some reason I visited Texas in the past, swam in the Red River near Wichita Falls and was given a warning while driving by a nice officer about those red light turns, didn't know what he was talking about? (Never did find the Falls)

When I was a kid I was always disappointed that it "never" snowed here, as a big old person now my joints are glad it doesn't. Now if you dare to peek. Tomorrows weather should be great!

Christopher

Posted: 3/11/2013 11:29:17 PM
coalport

Back in the '70's/80's I owned a house in Beverly Hills and another in San Clemente. I am definitely a nordic type, and never liked the heat. I moved back to Canada (where I originally hailed from) and have never regretted it. 

Posted: 3/12/2013 3:38:19 AM
RS Theremin

90210  speaks for itself but I have issues with San Clemente and understand why you moved. First would be Camp Pendleton firing off canon rounds monthly which can be nauseating, I currently live off the back side near old hwy 395 . Then if you lived walking distance to the beach, everything rusts and corrodes in the garage. So much for antiques and electronics.  A great place to surf but being down wind from San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant may not be a good idea. (-'

I could watch who was surfing from my apartment windows a bit north of there from '71 to '89. Then the Rez called me back.

They say most people live within 100 miles of where they were born and so it is, I am home.

How does this relate to theremins... A lot of surfers drove around town with boards on top of their car look'en cool, told stories and never touch the water? Everyone was an expert. LOL

Christopher

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.