FS: 1929 RCA Theremin AR-1264

Posted: 4/30/2013 9:46:21 PM
knp900

I have a 1929 RCA Theremin AR-1264 for sale. An all original 1929 RCA theremin, I  bought it several years ago from a radio collector. It's still in excellent playing condition. The next owner will have to use their care skill and patience to maintain this rare ,80+ year old
electronic music artifact. If you are unaware of the instrument or its history there are tons of sources availabe on the internet,the movie "Theremin, An Electronic Odyssey" and A. Glinskys book "Theremin, Ether Music and Espionage"are excellent resources. I am asking a $5500 for it.

If it is to be shipped I'll include an RCA 100 speaker. All shipping and crating is to be arranged by the seller, but I can make contact with art shippers/handlers on my side,plenty available in Texas. Email: knpenwell7700@outlook.com

Posted: 4/30/2013 10:03:33 PM
Touchless

Hello knp900,

Pictures are always a good thing to post of the insides and out. I think the theremin collector resale market is much softer now than it was 5 years ago, but a couple of active buyers are currently posting on this board. Is the instrument in Calif or Texas?

Is this the RCA sold North of Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago?

T

Posted: 5/4/2013 7:57:43 PM
Jim Mattjhews

Hello knp900,

Pictures are always a good thing to post of the insides and out. I think the theremin collector resale market is much softer now than it was 5 years ago, but a couple of active buyers are currently posting on this board. Is the instrument in Calif or Texas?

Is this the RCA sold North of Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T

I have been in email contact with this guy. He says he has a Wavefront Classic for sale as well. All was going swimmingly until he asked for funds by Western Union. That was a dealbreaker for me because it's untraceable. I also noticed that he just joined this website a few days ago. I told him that I wanted the Wavefront but I wanted to consummate the trade via escrow.com and that I would pay all of their fees.

All I've heard since is crickets....

Posted: 5/4/2013 8:46:48 PM
Touchless

Jim, you are probably correct as something does not seem right here. For that much money a simple picture tells a lot like one has possession of an RCA. The market is a little more sane these days, I remember one RCA selling for 15k. I have a good theremin friend not far from Ontario off the 15 fwy I could have sent him up there with a wad of cash in his pocket. Imagine arriving at a vacant house and getting rolled over for your wad. LOL

Are we sure that is not Thereminist Charlie Mobster in that Los Angeles photo?

Darn it!

T

Edit: Two weeks ago he says he is in Colorado selling a Andreas Eastman VC605 Stradivari- 4/4 size cello ?

Asking a $3000 for it shipped. I am in Colorado. Email: knpenwell7700@outlook.com or text: (303) 500-7299

Posted: 5/4/2013 11:07:56 PM
Thierry

Fraud alert ???

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.