Need your help fighting city hall

Posted: 11/25/2013 2:45:42 AM
DiggyDog

The city is trying to shut down some shows i am involved with. It's not directly theremin-related but Polyphonic Spree played one of the shows.

Go here,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SaveRockville/?fref=ts

check out what us happening in our city.

Contact our city council.

Show up at this Tuesday's meeting if you are un the North Florida area.

We have a group of religious fanatics trying to ban outdoor rock music shows in Jacksonvilke, Fl

Thanks for any help or support you can give.

Posted: 11/25/2013 3:08:43 PM
Jason

Ugh - it's like Footloose all over again!  Good luck DiggyDog.

Posted: 3/27/2014 7:25:15 AM
JamesMario

I am always with all of you in this matter.

Posted: 3/27/2014 11:46:47 AM
coalport

I'm with the good citizens of Jacksonville, who don't want to turn their fair city into Woodstock South! It's not just the noise that will keep everyone within a hundred miles of the event awake all night. The next day someone has to clean up the mess, pick up all the trash, hose down the puke and carefully gather up all the used hypodermic needles that hide in the grass so that the kids who run barefoot there during the day don't get accidentally stabbed.

I couldn't help noticing that the facebook page above greets browsers with a photo of the late Kurt Cobain, who shot himself in the head back in '94, and loving references to iconic drug overdose victim, Jimi Hendricks. 

Maybe the beautiful 32 acre METROPOLITAN PARK is not the best venue for THE CULT, ROB ZOMBIE and FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH (tickets on sale now for......yep.....you got it......$6.66). 

What a great idea for a concert in the heart of the Bible Belt! 

Yep...I'm with good ole Don Redman (of the FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH of Jacksonville) on this one! In fact, I just sent him the following email:

"Don, you may be a Bible bangin', obnoxious, redneck, fag hatin', racist bigot sunuvabitch, but I'm withya on this one!"   LOL

Posted: 3/27/2014 1:01:25 PM
Amethyste

omg Coalport! You crack me up!!

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.