Moog Theremini!

Posted: 2/6/2015 6:43:24 PM
SapereAude

FYI - Moog has released the PC / MAC version of its Theremini editor.

Posted: 2/6/2015 6:50:40 PM
Gary Honis

FYI - Moog has released the PC / MAC version of its Theremini editor.

You can download it here:

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=66ca69d70dceab5be9897856d&id=dc55ea03cf&e=a1e3ff9be9

Gary Honis

Posted: 2/6/2015 7:52:26 PM
xtheremin8

oh my,

just had a quick view into that editor, and what's obvious, on waveform: only "animoog1" survived, new are "bright" and "hollow". both new ones are not scannable anymore. unlike the now gone animoog2+3.

just short: on the current ipad editor: 7 waves, 4 scanable; on the new mac/win edi:7 waves, 2scanable.

unfortunately, my mini is banned to the rehearsal, so i can't experiment with that right now. nor tell if the "bright & hollow" are just a wordgame or actually sounding. i wonder if there might not occur some troubles,  between mac/win and ipad edited presets?

maybe they change the ipad version soon?

Posted: 2/6/2015 11:51:48 PM
Gary Honis

oh my,

just had a quick view into that editor, and what's obvious, on waveform: only "animoog1" survived, new are "bright" and "hollow". both new ones are not scannable anymore. unlike the now gone animoog2+3.

The waveforms ANIMOOG 2 and ANIMOOG 3 were renamed BRIGHT and HOLLOW respectively during the beta testing process.  Those waveforms are wavetables but the "scan rate", "scan amount" and "scan position" controls were disabled in the new editor, along with the volume antenna controls for "wave scan amount" and "wave scan rate".  Those controls are still active for the Animoog 1 and Etherwave waveforms.

Gary Honis

Posted: 2/7/2015 12:52:11 AM
xtheremin8

lol. after my own expiriences so far, a little "caution" seems adequate. freely from my dialect: a burnt kid fears fire.

so it's just a renaming of the waveform name then? but do you know/can tell why those wavescan features are disabled? just of curiosity. i'll try it out myself the next days anyway in the dungeon, and a brandnew firmware is also nearly ready soon on the way.

gary, thanks for the link.

Posted: 2/7/2015 2:01:56 AM
rkram53

These two waveforms had the same entries for all waves in their wavetables which means the scanning did nothing to timbre.  Instead they renamed them and locked out the wave scanning knobs to avoid confusion as to why the waves do not change/evolve. They did it so people would not get confused.

Rich

Posted: 4/3/2016 9:50:35 AM
meisterfranz

Hi everybody! I'm a Theremini owner from Rome, Italy, since 2015, April. I wish to inform you that on following March 2015 i've created the FB group "Theremini mon amour!" with the aim to share questions, opinions, mutual aid and new sounds about and by Theremini. Furthermore, i have a problem with it: in these last days i've discovered that my Theremini now can't see the Moog editor (Windows version)with wich i have created and loaded several sounds; i have loaded the program onto three different notebooks - running either old xp either Windows 10 - launched it, all ok within the PCs, but when connected via USB to Theremini, an alert tells me that the editor isn't connected to the instrument. I don't think to have made any setup change since last time i could correctly use the editor, thus i can't understand where's the problem. Anyone can help me, please? Thanks and join my fb group!

Posted: 4/7/2016 5:53:41 PM
Bothand Nether

I would try a different cable first, then uninstalling & re-installing the editor.
Sometimes powering down everything & turning it back on fixes it on My PC.
I always try the most drastic solution last :)

I scored a Novation Nocturnplug-in controller & hope to control the editor with it, but I haven't hooked it up yet.
I joined Your FB group, best of luck with your 'mini.

Posted: 6/13/2017 1:37:59 PM
photonios

Hello all

I am new theremini owner and I would like to ask the more experienced users:

is it possible to record a sound (for a example a voice) and somehow put in a preset sound in theremini to play?

thank you!

Posted: 6/14/2017 11:05:30 AM
coalport

Hi photonios,

In a word, the answer to your question is NO. The Moog THEREMINI does not have sampling capability.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.