Subscope Voicematic T3 for sale

Posted: 2/27/2014 2:31:18 PM
Amethyste

I love my Subscope... I am sad to see you are selling yours.

Posted: 2/27/2014 3:25:55 PM
Amethyste

I have 3 theremins, all sound different and I used them all on a different time on different recordings. I don't think I could get "rid" of any of them :)

Good luck on your sale!

Posted: 2/27/2014 5:36:21 PM
bisem

I did not use my subscope since last fall when I got my Etherwave Pro.  Since then I have been using basically 3 theremins....EWS with Thierry's ESPE01 pitch modification and another EWS with Dewster's modification and I think those two theremins sound as good as the EW Pro!   

Last week I dusted off my Subscope and WOW!   After not playing it for a while I realized that I like it better than any of the above three.  You always hear everyone on here talking about how to improve the theremin and lately discussions about the Theremini.      Dominik's Subscope as pictured above has every feature anyone could ever want for the price...not to mention that it is the coolest looking theremin around...a true work of art with wonderful playability and a great sound.

I guess this is an endorsement for Rusian's Subscope and I think it is a great buy for anyone interested in one of the best theremins out there.... and what a great buy! 

Posted: 2/27/2014 6:43:54 PM
Amethyste

Remember last time when we talked, you said that you liked the other ones better than the V3. all it took was to play with it again to realize how much of an AWESOME theremin that is!! I could NEVER get rid of my Subscope. It is by far the EASIEST theremin to play and the sound is sooooo beautiful!! glad to know I am not the only one who thinks/feel that way :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bisem wrote: "Last week I dusted off my Subscope and WOW!   After not playing it for a while I realized that I like it better than any of the above three.  You always hear everyone on here talking about how to improve the theremin and lately discussions about the Theremini.      Dominik's Subscope as pictured above has every feature anyone could ever want for the price...not to mention that it is the coolest looking theremin around...a true work of art with wonderful playability and a great sound.

I guess this is an endorsement for Rusian's Subscope and I think it is a great buy for anyone interested in one of the best theremins out there.... and what a great buy!" 

Posted: 2/28/2014 12:49:54 AM
bisem

Good point Amethyste!

Now that I have rediscovered my Subscope I consider it to be my main instrument.  The EW Pro is in its gig bag under the bed for now.

The Subscope has so many features that I hear everyone on TW talk about:  Good linearity, dynamic volume control, volume attack control, pitch preview, mute switch with green/red LED, CV in/out, gain control, 3 voices that can be further modified with the color and wave knobs. Along with all that is a simple yet ingenious sliding brass antenna extension that allows you to make changes to the pitch field if you ever need modifications beyond the pitch control knob.  If you ever want to adjust the pitch or volume on the inside of the case there are four holes drilled precisely above the pots so you don't have to take the case apart.  On top of that there is a tuning rod screwed into the front of the case so it is always there when you need it!  How kewl is that?

I wonder why Dominik does not get more mention on TW for his work. There are 21 pages of babble on the Theremini thread as to what Moog should be doing or not doing to appease us. Who cares?  Bob is unfortunately dead and Moog is going to do what makes Moog money.  If that means listening to serious theremin players they will do it but I think there is more to be gained by selling a gimmick to those who will never progress as a thereminist.

(BTW I am not forgetting about Randy's perspective on the subject and would like to thank him for that.)

I would rather support the efforts of the wonderful minds right here.  That is why I purchased Thierry's ESPE01 module and installed it in my old EWS and also why I purchased Dewster's theremin with his pitch modification installed.  It is amazing the transformation these mods make to the EWS.  But as I said before.. Moog should be ashamed that this postage stamp sized circuit board can make such an improvement to their work!

Oh well I guess we all end up in a rant on here sooner or later...LOL!

Russian, good luck selling your Subscope but I think you should reconsider the move.  Why not keep it as a back up to the TVox?....after all, nothing lasts forever!  ;^)

Posted: 2/28/2014 6:03:12 PM
Amethyste

Bisem ~

I did mail Ruslan asking him to reconsider, I know if I sold mine, ~ I would miss it terrible. Plus, you NEVER know when one of your theremins will blow something inside and having one extra is always a plus. Definitely, the Subscope is so portable that I will never tire of mine!!

I agree with you, I am not sure why the Subscope has never gotten more attention on TW. The Subscope V-3 is such a fantastic theremin.

I need to send my V-3 to Thomas Grillo so he can do a full review on it. I was asked to do one a while back, but I feel so inadequate when I review technical stuff! Thomas is well groomed on that aspect :)

Posted: 3/2/2014 2:10:33 AM
bisem

I am tempted to buy it myself  ;^)

Amethyste,  I think it would be great to have Thomas do the review!

Posted: 3/2/2014 4:35:01 AM
Amethyste

Bisem ~

I'll have to talk to him soon about it :)

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.