Old Age and Private Messaging

Posted: 3/6/2014 5:29:03 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Jason,

You do a great service, thank you.

About the Private Messaging

* Can the text window be enlarged vertically? I have received messages that say thanks on the bottom line and due to old age I forget to scan to see if there is more message above that.

* I use to get an email when someone PM me but now I don't and don't no how to turn that feature back on. This is important when someone does not log in for quite a while.

* Is possible to have the PM indicator change color when a PM is in the box, due to old age again I can go several weeks before I notice there is a count in the box.

Keep up the fine work, no rush here as I know you burn the candle on both ends.

Christopher

Posted: 3/7/2014 1:29:21 AM
GordonC

To change your email notification preference, go into your profile (link top right of this page) and click on Edit Profile. (link just beneath your profile pic).

Posted: 3/7/2014 1:44:28 AM
RS Theremin

Gordon thank you,

Yes the box is checked. In December  it worked properly but not in past sixty days.

Christopher

Edit: I am using a new email reader, let me study if they are getting marked read and file somewhere unexpected.

Edit2: My email program searched my entire database for postmaster@thereminworld.com and found nothing after January when there have been several. The profile box is checked, something changed in the past two months or so.

Posted: 3/7/2014 7:29:19 AM
GordonC

Christopher - we could test it a bit for Jason. Message me and we'll see if I get an email notification...

Posted: 3/9/2014 4:01:43 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Gordon,

I Private Messaged you right after you requested me too, that was 48 hours ago. Your lack of response may be revealing what I was trying to mention about no email alerts and it is not obvious when someone has a PM.

Otherwise I hope everything is ok?

Christopher

Posted: 3/9/2014 8:42:39 PM
GordonC

Everything is ok, thank you.

No email, although I have email notifications selected and the address is correct. So there is something broken. I wasn't aware of the message as I follow the forum on an rss feed, and only actually visit thereminworld when I have something to say.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.