The Third Dimension of Theremin

Posted: 4/19/2014 11:35:27 PM
RS Theremin

With TW running slow I will add some input by sharing a new webpage I am developing about my Altermen Volume Control. The page still needs a few weeks to fully develop but it will give you an idea of where the third dimension of theremin is heading. I need to assemble everything for new photos and sound samples. The next sound sample will be using my EtherWave Standard, that should be cool.

This has more possibilities than can be immediately realized. Paul Tanner's Box could have used this approach.

There must be a creative theremin mind out there that still gets excited about trying something musically different.

Christopher

Posted: 4/27/2014 2:39:18 AM
RS Theremin

Hello...huh.. is anybody here?

I have been working on this steadily over the last week. In my early research I explored the CdS cell or LDR for volume control and abandoned the approach thinking it violated something sacred about the theremin. With theremin interest winding down worldwide these days I now realize what was sacred is my demonstrating results.

This new word I learned was Attack in music, I figure it means how quickly you get from one state to another.

Here is the latest experiment for those with pitch only theremins, add a $5 volume control. Check out the sound samples, CdS is a clean method of control. You might even take a bathroom night-light apart to get the parts.

http://www.oldtemecula.com/theremin/pitch-popper/cds-popper.htm

Christopher

Posted: 4/29/2014 11:35:24 PM
RS Theremin

Hello Everyone,

I went out and did my morning walk on a wilderness path behind my house this morning. What I noticed was a generation fixated on a cellphone screen wearing headphones completely disconnected from the world around them. Unless there is a Theremin Awakening as was revealed to me some time ago then I will surrender to the fact that the digital realm won in the New World.

We are now experiencing a Null Point in theremin interest or could it be the quiet before the theremin storm? We will know the answer shortly by something profound happening about our theremin community. My hope is the theremin enthusiast never forgets what made the theremin beautiful, if they ever knew in the first place.

Christopher

Posted: 1/11/2015 4:48:17 PM
djmartins

Hello Everyone,

I went out and did my morning walk on a wilderness path behind my house this morning. What I noticed was a generation fixated on a cellphone screen wearing headphones completely disconnected from the world around them. Unless there is a Theremin Awakening as was revealed to me some time ago then I will surrender to the fact that the digital realm won in the New World.

We are now experiencing a Null Point in theremin interest or could it be the quiet before the theremin storm? We will know the answer shortly by something profound happening about our theremin community. My hope is the theremin enthusiast never forgets what made the theremin beautiful, if they ever knew in the first place.

Christopher

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that, in spite of appearances, we are in the Golden Age of the Theremin.

Never before have there been more theremins commercially available and of such high quality nor

has there ever been so much freely available theremin info available to enthusiasts!

Has there ever been a time where there were as many serious theremin players as now?

Truly, we ARE in the Golden Age of the Theremin!

I enjoy your work and the work of many others but seriously, the theremin will never be as popular as the guitar nor may ever be more popular than it is RIGHT NOW.

Enjoy what y'all have and keep up the good work on theremins.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.