WANTED: Etherwave Standard or B3.

Posted: 5/10/2014 1:12:02 AM
Rokitman

I've been very interested in the purchase of a theremin for some time now. But it seems to be quite an expensive instrument. And being as I've never played one in my life, I don't want to throw a ton of money at one just in case it turns out not to be for me.

I'm hoping to find a used one in the models listed above in the $200. or less range. Might be willing to pay a bit more if it's a really good deal.

I hope I'm not being unrealistic in my expectations of a reasonable price. I have the amplification covered. So the theremin is the only thing I need.

I live in the Northern Kentucky area. So if I'm lucky enough to find one for sale around here, I would even be willing to trade some carpentry skills to get one.

Thanx,

- Dean -

Posted: 5/11/2014 11:41:50 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"I would even be willing to trade some carpentry skills to get one."

You've got carpentry skills..

Your brother has electronics skills..

You can buy an EW board for less than $100 http://www.instrumentalparts.com/brd-10-011-211.html

You will need a few easy-to-get parts costing probably $50

You can add the YAEWBM circuit costing <$5

And you could have a  good theremin for under $200 even if you needed to buy a frequency counter!

Fred.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.