Theremin For High School Band

Posted: 9/23/2014 1:51:19 PM
xtheremin8

hey wriddler,

just tried to spend you some money, anonymously, but unfortunately i don't have a credit card, so it's not anoymously anymore. do you have a paypal account ?

rkram53; no need for a extra thread, really. that stuff has been discussed since long, several times but without these pictures. 

Posted: 9/23/2014 6:36:27 PM
RS Theremin

The problem I have with gofundme thing or what ever it is called you get no info about anything up front though now he has added some info. The site declares the money goes directly into his pocket so beware. The site uses piecemeal collecting of your personal data in a multiple webpage steps approach, not everything up front and has a strong association with Facebook which I avoid like the plague. My previous theremin cash was through Donors Choose which monitor the purchase. 

I had a friend out of San Diego that was a one man band. This video is old and uses no earth ground and he did theremin on the move, his sound is better than most demonstrate. His setup reveals some interesting adaptations. The last email I got from him, he was stranded in the Philippines after getting mugged and now needed money to get home. 0-:

Christopher

Posted: 9/24/2014 1:20:28 AM
The_Wriddler

Sorry, no paypal and it doesnt go directly into my pocket, It goes through GoFundMe and then the bank once I withdraw it. Thank you for trying, and once I start to get more donations I will be responding more xD

Wriddler

Posted: 9/26/2014 8:17:26 PM
RS Theremin

Looks like the TW board is stale this week. I do not belong to facebook but how come none of your 100 facebook friends are chipping in some cash? Maybe they are not real friends or they don't trust you?

http://www.gofundme.com/em85eo

Still thinking about it...

Posted: 9/30/2014 5:01:32 PM
FredM

From: Eastleigh, Hampshire, U.K. ................................... Fred Mundell. ................................... Electronics Engineer. (Primarily Analogue) .. CV Synths 1974-1980 .. Theremin developer 2007 to present .. soon to be Developing / Trading as WaveCrafter.com . ...................................

"A Theremin is a music instrument that is used by bending radio waves, I am building one for my high school band "

- from gofundme.com/em85eo

Perhaps educating yourself about how a theremin actually works would be a good start... Hell, you obviously haven't even bothered to read the Etherwave technical reference manual or any other document about how theremins work !  - Not really inspiring,  nor is your "once I start to get more donations I will be responding more"! -- Comes across like you have no real interest in theremins or discussion thereof, all you appear to be interested in is getting money with minimum effort... Yeah, you will participate and talk to us  if we cough up the $ ! ;-) ...

You really dont need a $500 EW for a marching band, the $70 you have acquired already is enough to buy a Jaycar kit more than good enough for a non-precision mobile theremin application like this.

Fred.

Posted: 10/1/2014 10:38:50 AM
xtheremin8

wriddler,

as fred suggested, that would make  a cool project. along with the modifications, posted throughout TW, you could get a quite good instrument. my kit waits still to get assembled and modded. maybe you need just some dollars more for the correct wall-wart. ;-) 

bending radio waves? how about the 3-radio theremin then.lol.

Posted: 1/5/2015 9:16:43 AM
Pflogger

it is a difficult instrument to learn.

[url=http://www.hulle6.com/category-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-zubehoer-156.html][color=#C9C9C9]samsung galaxy s4 mini hülle[/color][/url]

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.