Roll Call 2015

Posted: 7/12/2015 9:21:54 PM
John Gribble

Thank you both for the greetings. Luna, PM sent.

The theremin didn't arrive yesterday after all. It turns out the delivery notice was for something else.

GRRRRRRRRR!

Posted: 7/18/2015 2:11:33 PM
RePO

Hi, I'm "RePO" aka Sean Graves. Pianist and neo-Thereminist. I learned about the Theremin in 2008 and fell in love with it's eery astro-tones. Almost a year ago I had saved up enough for a Theremin and had been practicing, practicing, practicing. I currently perform on a Burns B3 Deluxe. I use to have a Pro but then my English Bulldog, Lord Vader knocked it over. :( Anyway.... Here goes the B3 Deluxe. My old Theremin used to be named "Tilly." The new Theremin's name is "Ertha."

I hope to learn a lot from a community of Theremin players whom are more advanced than I. Personally, I think it would be really cool to get into building my own Theremin. As well as an artist, being able to exploit the Theremin into a popular style. 

Posted: 7/24/2015 9:25:24 PM
MaddieJames

Hello, I'm Taylor. I live with my dear husband, two small children and two macaws. Prior to being a stay at home full time mom, I was a computer animator. I enjoy art and music and pretty much anything creative. 

I've been fascinated by the theremin for years, and finally purchased a B3 Deluxe. I used to play keyboard by ear very well, and I enjoy singing. Looking forward to learning how to play my theremin.

Posted: 7/26/2015 12:49:59 PM
rkram53

Welcome Justus and Taylor. 

Taylor, you'll have to tell us of the possible dangers of playing a theremin around two macaws. In no time, you may have a theremin trio on your hands!

Posted: 7/31/2015 2:34:11 PM
Theremin

Hi I'm new on thereminworld!

Posted: 12/13/2015 5:22:50 AM
HiramAbiff

Hi All,

My name is Danny. My user name is HiramAbiff. I live near Denver, in a town called Pine. Electronic music creation has always been a hobby. I can recall creating and playing with what amounted to a Theremin when I was a child in the early 70's. Now I have decided that I am at a point in my life where I need to learn something new and different from what I have been playing with for years. Next step in my musical evolution. Like many of you, I need support, if not outright help. I feel as if I have watched every video I can find on the instrument, but, the head start I need is just not at hand. I am a collaborative learner and right now I feel as if I am in a vacuum watching instructional intentions on the walls, but there is clearly a piece missing. So, with that, if I can be of assistance to anybody, please write (particularly if you live near me). Same goes for anybody willing to give me a much needed hand.

Best, HiramAbiff  

Posted: 12/13/2015 10:48:10 AM
GordonC

Well, you've come to the right place to learn the secrets and mysteries of the theremin. :-)

Posted: 12/20/2015 3:15:36 AM
MelCabral

Hello, All,

I am a homeschooling mother of 3 kids, 14, 12 and 9 yo, a percussionist by trade (if I ever had any paying gigs, that is lol...right now I play in volunteer ensembles) and I take roller figure skating lessons. LOL I am a one woman circus!

Well I am hopefully about to get a theremin for Xmas and I am already obsessed. I can't remember when I first learned about the theremin's existence (years ago now) but someone recently mentioned it and when I get an idea of things I might like to have (for gifts and whatnot) I put it on my Amazon wishlist so that when a birthday or xmas rolls around and someone asks "What do you want for ___?" I can be reminded. This year I was really stumped when hubby asked me what I wanted and so I went to my wishlist and saw it there. I don't know which model hubby got (or really if he even got one at all, but he probably did) so I can't really say, but I'm hoping for an Etherwave. Eventually I want to add Thierry's module, but that might have to wait until we've recovered from Xmas spending. I am left handed so I might try to play left handed...not sure. I am a percussionist so I'm used to using both hands to do different things, but not necessarily finger articulation. We'll see. I plan on getting Carolina Eyck's method book. I really like her style of playing. 

Anyone in the Boston, MA area? (I'm an hour away.)

Posted: 2/24/2016 6:35:08 PM
berighteous

Hi all,

Someone posted a video of Carolina Eyck in my facebook feed a couple weeks ago and I became obsessed with getting a theremin and learning to play it.  After a lot of investigating, deciding to try and start with something inexpensive that I could have fun with and learn, and after pming Therry Frenkel and asking him, I decided on the open theremin uno.  I just got it working a couple days ago.

Posted: 4/30/2016 2:43:35 AM
markdmil

My name is Mark Miller live in Topeka, KS.  I work for Shawnee County where I drive a truck and pick up peoples recycling to keep it out of the landfill.  I heard about the Theremin sometime ago. I just bought a Moog Theremini I plan on getting more info and how to play it better from the people here.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.