Looking for a Earthwave Pro

Posted: 2/3/2015 6:04:20 PM
Cowboy Ed

Hello,

Please let me know if you have an Etherwave Pro that you are interested in selling. Or know of one that is for sale that might be at a realistic price.

I do not think the one listed on Craigslist right now is worth the $5,000.00 asking price, but I wish that person good luck in trying.

Thank you kindly,

Cowboy Ed

WPB, Florida

Posted: 2/3/2015 7:12:26 PM
oldtemecula

Ed said: Please let me know if you have an Earthwave Pro that you are interested in selling. Or know of one that is for sale that might be at a realistic price.

Hello Ed,

Earthwave sounds like a video game? The EtherWave Pro is a pretty instrument on stage. While we wait for one to show up with a reasonable price can you tell me what quality it might have that interests you?

If that one quality could be found using another approach, be it digital or analogue it might save you $4000?

For me, a reasonable Epro price would not be much higher than when it sold new.

Christopher

Posted: 2/4/2015 1:52:05 AM
Amethyste

Believe it or not, they go for that price. I got lucky with mine, cause it was a leftie and got it for $3,200 or so? 

Posted: 2/18/2015 6:20:21 PM
Cowboy Ed

OOOOPS,,, It's Cowboy Ed, I meant to write on my post,,,

"ETHERWAVE PRO" not earthwave ,,,, silly me, attention deficit disorders strike again. Haha

Anyway, I am still looking for one if the possibility arises and it is within my reach.

Are there any "Thereminist's" in the SE Florida area?

Keep those cards and letters coming.

Cowboy Ed

Posted: 2/18/2015 6:48:13 PM
oldtemecula

Hello Cowboy Ed,

Got your note, I do not play theremin rather I have learned to break them. (-'  If you wait long enough I will single handedly bring the E-pro price down to something more reasonable.

It looks good on stage, has a volume control that is too snappy and several people complained in an email to me early on that it did not have the sound they were after.

My latest experiment does something you might find interesting with the EW Standard sound.

Visit my Clara's Sound TW thread.

Christopher

Posted: 3/2/2015 8:13:47 PM
Jim Mattjhews

Etherwave Pro for sale on REVERB. Just for your information....

https://reverb.com/item/371551-moog-etherwave-pro-used

Posted: 3/2/2015 8:17:10 PM
Jim Mattjhews

Here's another...

http://bigcitymusic.com/moog-etherwave-pro-theremin-walnut-back

Posted: 3/5/2015 2:01:35 AM
Amethyste

JEEZUS!!! $5500 for the first one and $5599 for the second one?! Man... :P

These prices are so incredibly exhorbitant, especially when they used to sell for $1,800 when they came out.

Posted: 3/6/2015 2:50:53 PM
Luna

Yeah, I doubt there's one of those in my future.  Supply and demand, I guess.  But are they actually selling?

Posted: 3/8/2015 4:45:57 PM
bisem

I can't imagine they are actually selling.... especially with all the hoopla of the Theremini.  I got one a little over a year ago for $2700 on EBay and can't imagine there is more demand now.  I would just be patient and wait for this illusion of inflated value to pass.  Remember the Beanie Babies?  

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.