Thanks Dominik for my Subscope V-3! (even after 4 + years!)

Posted: 3/30/2015 1:48:40 PM
Amethyste

Dear Dominik,

I have had my Subscope V-3 for 4 years now and I am still so in love with its sound and the way it plays as I was when I got my hands on it for the very first time ( almost 5 years ago!). I am not sure why, but this theremin has such an ease of playability, and the delicate sound it produces is perfect for the type of music my music collaborators and I create.

I remember, I begged you to build me one back in 2010, and you were a little afraid of making one for a player that was on the other side of the pond, but I am so glad you decided to do it anyway! Lucky me!

Posted: 3/30/2015 4:33:54 PM
Luna

I've recently been in touch w/Dominik after hearing Amethyste's videos, and am now saving for a Subscope, too.

Posted: 3/31/2015 11:06:17 AM
DOMINIK

Amey – you can consider me being excited that you still fire it up and that it suits your needs. Yours has been kind of a prototype: first time i build in pitch preview and buffered oscillators. The pitch oscillators won´t lock resulting in a far better over-all playability and of course the deepest basses. Not my idea – i stumbled across this feature reading the 2008 EPE "mini Theremin" article. And finally cooked my own after Thierry came out with his famous ESPE01 module.

Since then i build some more sound-(light-)objects, also thanks to you being a faithful ambassador!

Luna: nice to hear..

Posted: 4/8/2015 11:01:39 PM
bisem

Though I am fortunate enough to own the EW Pro with Thierry's volume enhancement, my Subscope still remains my main instrument for it's sound, features, play-ability and portability.

In my opinion Dominik's Subscope theremin is the best alternative out there when you figure all of the features it offers for the price!

Oh and I forgot to mention that it just looks so cool......truly a work of art! 

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.