Possible sale of Left Handed Ethervox

Posted: 6/28/2015 10:32:17 PM
glassact

Hi -

I have a left handed Ethervox here in excellent condition, both in terms of playability and cabinetry.  The unit is unique in that it was sent back to Bob Moog some years ago for a check-up, and the case was ruined by UPS during its return trip to me.  Moog Music rebuilt the case better than new, and insured it on its second voyage.  It arrived in perfect condition.  Isn't that always the way?

If you are interested, please contact me, and I'll forward pictures.  You're welcome to come by and play it as well, should you be in the vicinity of Albany, N.Y.

I'm not really sure what the going price should be, as so few have even come up on the market.  If you have suggestions along that line, I would be interested in hearing same as well.

Best of all - Ed

Posted: 7/7/2015 4:46:31 PM
glassact

Hi-

So I take it that the Ethervox is no longer a worthwhile consideration for the active Thereminist....?

Posted: 7/8/2015 5:32:30 PM
Luna

might be the left-handed part.  Or that they are very expensive.

Posted: 7/8/2015 8:12:18 PM
oldtemecula

glassact you need a bigger audience to get a true feel of market interest.

List it on ebay with a hidden reserve. It seems to me most artist I have seen that have an Ethervox do not use it as their main theremin if ever and that new Moog Theremini probably fills in the gaps for those interested in studying midi-triggering or what ever this new device's allure is.

Christopher

Posted: 7/9/2015 12:01:16 AM
coalport

Since “lefties” make up about 10% of the general population, we can assume that they make up 10% of the theremin-playing population as well, so the potential market for a left handed theremin is substantially reduced. The market will be further reduced by the COST of the instrument which I presume will be in four figures.

Most theremin buyers are white, post-adolescent males and they are guided by PRICE, not by quality, rarity or sound.

Posted: 7/22/2015 5:35:08 PM
Jon B

I'm left-handed and would love to have an Ethervox in theory. But given that I only gig a few times a year these days, and that the Ethervox is much more difficult to lug around than my Etherwave Pro, I just don't see it happening in practice.

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.