Why did you come to Theremin World?

Posted: 9/29/2015 2:36:28 AM
Jason

To help me better tailor the site to the needs of our members and readers, I'm curious.... What brought you here?  What were you looking for, and more importantly, did you find it?

Posted: 9/30/2015 11:26:10 PM
RoyP

Ok, I'll be the first to answer this.

I had just built my theremin and was looking around for fellow theremin players.
Google was my friend and somehow directed me to TW.
What I liked about TW (and still do) is the different forums here so it is possible to concentrate on making, repertoire, performing and so on as required and also that there is a fantastic amount of relevant information contained within these pages on all aspects of the theremin.

The folks here (with a few exceptions over the few years I have been a member) are friendly which is just fab!

What was I looking for?
A cool place to hang out I guess.

Did I find it?
Yes.

Oh, and I loved the very informal TW 'Earth-Theremin' image and the Theremin World font :-)

Roy

Posted: 10/1/2015 12:39:14 AM
Jason

Thanks Roy. 

I'm glad to hear you like our logo. I've been considering finding a designer to help update it, but several people have told me they like the informal logo as-is.  

I do think that some kind of improved forum searching capabilities should bubble up towards the top of my to do list. We certainly see the most site activity in the forums area, so I'll look for more ways to make them efficient and user friendly.

Posted: 10/1/2015 12:49:05 AM
rkram53

Jason,

I think like a lot of folks here - I bought a theremin and then thought - OK now what?

Who ya gonna call?

ThereminBusters (actually it's ThereminBuilders - but that doesn't sound right).

It would be nice to be able to put sound files here. A lot of times I just want to do up some short example of something and putting that on SoundCloud or YouTube is rather a pain. Maybe an insert .MP4 option we can store where we store pictures?

My main question: why doesn't the spellchecker know the word theremin. Maybe that's an inside joke :-)

But thanks for all your hard work here. I really, really appreciate it.

Rich

You must be logged in to post a reply. Please log in or register for a new account.